Some ice house finds...

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

VA is for Diggers

Reaction score
I finally got to dig the ice house of an 1890's housesite in the woods. With the help of a backhoe, we dug down to about 12', ripping out loads of old barbed wire fence and an antique car frame. A few keepers, but nothing extraordinary. Got a Dundee Marmalade, Orange, VA pepsi, jug, local Orange VA druggists, cliquot clubs, beers from NY and NJ, scarce Pepsi from Charlottesville, Cologne from Cologne (written in German), lightning rod finials, a few local whiskeys (not pictured) Martini Rossi Vermouth, Monticello Milk from Charlottesville, and a Gordonsville Milk (not pictured). Could not complain about how nice this fall has been in Virginia. Now, time to dig some civil war relics!

29DBE5ADBEE645D383FC30AE501D0DEC.jpg

Attachments

• 29DBE5ADBEE645D383FC30AE501D0DEC.jpg
    29DBE5ADBEE645D383FC30AE501D0DEC.jpg
    119.4 KB · Views: 40

THE BADGER

Reaction score
HEY VA. DUG SOME NICE ONES THERE,I GOT INVITED ON A DIG IN CHARLOTTSVILLE AND A BUNCH OF OTHER NEIGHBORING TOWNS I WENT HOME WITH A TRUCKLOAD OF BOTTLES,CANS,ETC. LOTS OF NICE STUFF DOWN YOURE WAY.I ALSO DUG ONE OF THOSE MONTICELLO MILKS AT A ROADSIDE GULLY DUMP.NICE. GOOD LUCK DIGGIN ,BADGER

VA is for Diggers

Reaction score
Hi Badger; sounds like you had a nice C-Ville dig! I have only dug once in the town, while they were scraping a new subdivision, but only got broken stuff from the scraper trail-actually 2 chelfs celery compounds were intact. If you have any scarce Charlottesville bottles such as beers, meds, whiskeys you dug, send me a message- I am interested in buying.

athometoo

Reaction score
va if you are interested in selling the pepsi holler at me . sounds like a really fun dig . i use a big bobcat at work daily and have often wished i could take it digging with me . sam

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Webster