Some neat reading materials scored.

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

MIdigger

Reaction score
Of course from the rummage sales. Got 3 nice "Life" magazines the ads are really interesting pg-8 Spur cola ad 5cents, Orange nesbitts 5 cents. Great medical ads. I got them because of WW2 (1942-43 vintage). Insteresting finds.

DIGGIN DOC

Reaction score
Yes LIFE magazine is a great source for old advertisements of any kind. So is Saturday evening post as well as many other family type "weeklys."

I treasure my own collection of National Geographics dating back to 1916 with only a couple issues missing in the 95 year run. I also have a S/L of Popular mechanics and Popular Science magazines 40's, 50's and 60's.....lots of cool stuff in those.

MIdigger

Reaction score
True Doc, they give me looks at the bottles and help me identify some.

Plus I liked reading the WW2 stories. There was a write up in one on Doolittles raid on Japan. Those old ones you have would make interesting reading!.

ironmountain

Reaction score
I agree. Those older magazines can be pretty informative. I also love the vocabulary the writers and advertisers would use,and what was considered newsworthy "back in the day". Nice find MI!

Wheelah23

Reaction score
My grandpa had a complete collection of 30's-40's Time magazines. He sold them to a collector for $1500 a few weeks ago. One edition, where Hitler was the "Person of the Year", was worth several hundred on its own!

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raybrdn