Some pieces pieces I picked up

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Bixel

Reaction score
Recently bought a rare local bottle on Ebay, and it was located nearby. The guy said we could pick it up, since he had a bunch of others we could look at when we were there. Well last night, Barrett and I took a drive up to get the bottle and see what else was available. It is very handy living with a fellow bottle collector for school.... thanks Barrett!

I got the pieces you see pictured below.

The piece on the left is a very rare "Jno Murray, London, Ont" squat soda from about 1896, as that is when that bottler opened, and I figure this would be his first style of bottle. Yes, it has a broken top, BUT I only paid a couple bucks for it, and it will be a nice place holder until I can ever get my hands on a mint example. A mint example would easily run you into a couple hundred

Next is an odd little porcelain piece marked "Anchovy Paste for sandwiches, Crosse and Blackwell, 21 Soho Square, London" It also has other writing, but thats the major stuff. A nice little English piece, which looks to be fairly old. The odd thing about it is that it was dug at a dump site, was never cleaned, and has a repair to a chip on the lip made of cement. The cement is discoloured, so the repair must have been made BEFORE it was thrown out. The dump had alot of 1890-1910 stuff in it.... any info on this as to age, etc?

Next is a fairly common Rumford Chemical works. Its mint, and was only a few bucks, I couldnt leave it.

Then we have a small, clear bottle marked "J. Taylor and Co, Toronto" Do not know what it held, but neat little Ontario piece.

Lastly is the bottle I went to pick up, an early "J. Tune and Son, London" aqua blob without Tune's characteristic deer/stag on the front, and also in a beer type bottle, but he produced soda, so it is unique to say the least.

92E236132D8D42EE9611E1CBC529FC12.jpg

Attachments

• 92E236132D8D42EE9611E1CBC529FC12.jpg
    92E236132D8D42EE9611E1CBC529FC12.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 79

Bixel

Reaction score
I agree 100%! I always thought they were worth a bit when I was a new collector, since they looked so good. I guess the thinking was "Man, that looks so good, it has to be expensive!"

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jaygause