Soo Falls Brewing Co

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Reaction score
Very Rare bottle for sale or trade. Soo Falls Brewing Co Amber Quart. Sault Ste. Marie Ontario.

Will possibly trade for Sudbury Ontario bottles

Attachments

• FA83200D-2CC5-4858-A759-E0744E1CB372.jpeg
    FA83200D-2CC5-4858-A759-E0744E1CB372.jpeg
    350.1 KB · Views: 108

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
Wow that's a great find! Not easy to find Ontario blob top beers at all, and especially from up north. I didn't know that one even existed. Any idea what P.O.A. stands for?

Reaction score
Wow that's a great find! Not easy to find Ontario blob top beers at all, and especially from up north. I didn't know that one even existed. Any idea what P.O.A. stands for?
It’s a tough one to find for sure. From what I’ve heard it stands for Pride Of Algoma

mctaggart67

Reaction score
This brewery was operated by Casimir Kocot (roughly pronounced Kah-zot), a Russian-Pole who first emigrated to the United States where he involved himself in the brewing industry. I figure that his American experience is what saw him use the Baltimore Loop Seal (another of William Painter's closure inventions) when he established Soo Falls Brewing in the late 1890s. Kocot later wound up in my hometown of Sarnia, Ontario, where he established an "export" brewery in the 1920s. This operation's focus was producing beers with brand names and labels approximating Detroit, Michigan brands and labels. And by export, I mean this brewery smuggled most of its product into Michigan, particularly Detroit, though some Sarnia beer went to Chicago and points west and south of that metropolis. The brewery had two custom-built power boats which were like long canoes, with two men at each end to either unload to thirsty Americans or to toss into Sarnia Bay / St. Clair River if U.S. Customs got too close. While running the Sarnia brewery, Kocot maintained a strong "relationship" with Detroit's legendary Purple Gang (made Capone look kind, and, yes, Capone respected the Purple Gang enough that he left Detroit alone). Kocot was also implicated as being complicit in a prohibition murder in Michigan, although was he was ultimately not charged.

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raybrdn