Sunday, August 21: Millbrook, NY

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

bearswede

Reaction score
Hi Gang...

Any New Englanders going to the Hudson Valley Bottle Show in Millbrook, NY? I'll be setting up my snake oil tent in the fire station... Hope to see some forum folk!!!

Ron

bearswede

Reaction score
RE: Sunday, August 21: Millbrook, NY(oldshoe4u)

Should be a good turn out... It's supposed to rain all day... You diggers will have to come inside to see that glint of glass...

What about you, oldshoe4u??? Haven't heard from you in a while, have we???

Ron

whiskeyman

Reaction score
RON...good ta "see" ya...you been absent a while.
Good luck at the show...

bearswede

Reaction score
Hi Charlie...

My compooter pooped out in a big T-storm... My prospective son-in-law took a look-see... Thought it might be the power unit... I put a new one in, but still nothing... May have to upgrade again!!!

Thanks for the "luck"... I'll report back on the show (hope I remember my camera)...

Ron

whiskeyman

Reaction score
RON...sorry ta hear about yer PC....LOBEY had told me about it earlier.
By "good luck"...I meant both sellin' and buyin'...and - gettin' yer PC straightened out.

bearswede

Reaction score
Hi Gang...

I had pretty good success at the show... Sold three, bought a few... Came back with a couple xtra bucks in my pocket... How often does THAT happen??!!??

Picked up that Gipps Land Hop Bitters I've been anxious to get... And, I got a nice little OP Camomile Pill bottle with lip chips (a good subject for repair)...

The big "To-Do" of the event was the toilet crashing, leaving a host of heavy coffee drinkers crossing their legs... One very tall gentleman (in a stove-pipe hat, no less) came up with two antique ceramic urinals from his collection, offering them for rent to the highest bidders!!!

Ron

bearswede

Reaction score
Hi Brian...

I got a few but with my 'pooter down, I got no way to post 'em...

I think I'm gonna give up on the repair tack and upgrade...

Ron

bearswede

Reaction score
Another interesting thing at this show was a guy selling cottage inks which he painted... He came into a cache of them... Kept out the undamaged ones, and painted the heavily damaged ones an off-white... They look milk glass or ceramic, depending on how far away you are... I sent the wife over to offer him $15 for two, which he accepted...

I've got one in my "cabin" collection, and one as a curiosity in my bottle collection... I think they look great!!! Wish I could post a pic!!!!!!!!!!

Ron

bearswede

Reaction score
Speaking of "cabins", does anyone have a damaged log cabin ink they will let go for cheap?

Ron

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bobbinc4