Sunny Dive Day Finds

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

DeepSeaDan

Reaction score
Happy Spring, Bottle Lovers!

Had a long, pleasant day of underwater bottle hunting yesterday. I'd found an newer dump ( early 1900's ) last week and decided to re-visit it to give it a thorough look, as well as excavate key areas with my scooter. Nothing spectacular came to light, though a buddy who collects insulators told me the grey "Dwight Pattern" I found was rare & might fetch upwards of $500.00! And to think that I almost left it behind ( I don't collect them nor know their values ) - whew!

IMG_6758.jpeg
IMG_6759.jpeg

RCO

Reaction score
Happy Spring, Bottle Lovers!

Had a long, pleasant day of underwater bottle hunting yesterday. I'd found an newer dump ( early 1900's ) last week and decided to re-visit it to give it a thorough look, as well as excavate key areas with my scooter. Nothing spectacular came to light, though a buddy who collects insulators told me the grey "Dwight Pattern" I found was rare & might fetch upwards of $500.00! And to think that I almost left it behind ( I don't collect them nor know their values ) - whew!

View attachment 225349View attachment 225350

there is a town on lake of bays called " Dwight " never heard of a Dwight pattern insulator

I don't collect them either and find there values hard to understand or determine , but seems to focus on colour and rarity

my dairy book lists the Roblin Dairy Belleville as starting in 1944 , still neat whenever I find a milk jug in the water here its always broken or damaged , last summer I found 2 hard to find local ones and both were damaged on top

DeepSeaDan

Reaction score
there is a town on lake of bays called " Dwight " never heard of a Dwight pattern insulator

I don't collect them either and find there values hard to understand or determine , but seems to focus on colour and rarity

my dairy book lists the Roblin Dairy Belleville as starting in 1944 , still neat whenever I find a milk jug in the water here its always broken or damaged , last summer I found 2 hard to find local ones and both were damaged on top

I have a couple of buddies who are huge into insulators, so I get my education from them. Some of the rarer examples go for thousands of dollars - my one dive buddy found a rare threadless example and sold it to a fellow in the States for $5000.00 U.S.! And that was 15 years ago!

In any event, I won't hesitate to bring them home anymore!

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
Nice find on the insulator, I never would have guessed that was a rare one! That Panopepton med is interesting too, never seen it before.

Fenndango

Reaction score
Yeah divers leave insulators behind a lot. When I got into insulators 5 years after I started with bottles, I knew where I had been seeing insulators all those years so I was like a kid in a candy store. Turns out one of my holes was worth $1400. Four porcelain pieces.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snidelis