Super Deep - Privy Digger Input Please

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

BittersMax

Reaction score
Yes, I had dug another hotel on the opposite end of the block but it was not nearly as an important place or the size of this hotel. Two holes there, a 16 & 20 both had nice thick use layers. I have not dug one yet that didn't have a bottom layer in that area. I just can't get over the size and depth of this monster hole. Oh god, my curiosity is killing me.

VA is for Diggers

Reaction score
You will uncover Jimmy Hoffa! (Just kidding). My input is to dig it, although it will be hazardous. Are you sure it's not a well? I know privies can go 20' sometimes, but if your at 30' or so, think about the possibility of water being at the bottom. I have heard of rare instances in Brooklyn privies, where privies were at such depths.

BittersMax

Reaction score
We have made the decision to dig the monster, the beer helped. I'm sure it's not a well due to the rectangle shape and location of where it's at. It will be a huge undertaking but knowing what I do about this place it could be very interesting. Safety is key on any kind of a dig especially in a situation like this so it won't be a problem as I've got 40 years experience in privy digging and underground construction. I can not imagine why it would be empty and suspect there's a fat juicy layer under the bricks at 21'. The mention by BOTTLEDIGER in this post that "There could be a large use layer 10 plus ft waiting for you filled with sodas bitters meds etc." has put me over the edge. I've experienced this before and yes, it is a wonderful thing.

bottlediger

Reaction score
[:D] Cant wait to see what comes out. If you video tape this dig I would love a copy!

digger Ry

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lichen