SUPERB NEW OINTMENT BOOK PUBLISHED!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Mark

Reaction score
I hope this is of interest to you on the list.

My friend and I have just published a book on the history of medical ointment pots from 1750 – 1930, including some US examples. At only £20 (approx US$35) the book represents great value for money for a weighty full colour guide including price guide.

The book is in full colour, large size (290cm by 240 cm) and contains with nearly 300 full colour pictures of ointment pots, including over 60 photos of Delft ware examples. It includes examples from many private collections around the world, as well as contributions from the Royal Pharmaceutical Society, Wellcome Institute, Science Museum etc.

We have tried to include all of the history of each pot, from where they were made, when they were made and who made them. We hope that this offers a fascinating insight into the history of Pharmacy from 1750 – 1930 which I hope will provide a superbly interesting read as well as offering a full, up to date price guide and fabulous pictures.

I have put up a web site to try and show people, but in the flesh, the book is just awesome and beyond what we believed we could produce.

Link

http://freespace.virgin.net/anna.houghton/ointment%20book.html

The book is entirely self funded by us after 5 years of research and we hope that it will meet a wide audience!

Please let me know if this is of interest or contact us on ointment.pots@virgin.net

Thank you very much for your help.

Best regards

Mark Priestley

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tina Luallen