Suspicious bidding?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

andy volkerts

Reaction score
The bidding would pi-- me off if I was that winning bidder and that other guy ran me up like that, but I have had it happen to me, just not that blatant. AND that looks like a beer bottle to me with paper labels stuck to it, not heavy enough glass to be a carbonated soda water hhmmmmmmmmm.......

pinballdude

Reaction score
If you look at the bid times, the winning bid of $1000 was placed on June 10. All other bids were placed on June 12 and 13. The person running up the bid was trying to figure out what the current bid was because HIS bid was never enough. Unless I am looking at this the wrong way?

Bert DeWitt

Reaction score
pinballdude said:
If you look at the bid times, the winning bid of $1000 was placed on June 10. All other bids were placed on June 12 and 13. The person running up the bid was trying to figure out what the current bid was because HIS bid was never enough. Unless I am looking at this the wrong way?
I think you are right. The label looks fake to me.

jblaylock

Reaction score
Bert DeWitt said:
I think you are right. The label looks fake to me.

Very true. I saw this bottle a while ago and couldn't believe that somebody was bidding $200 for it. The label looks fake. And, not even a good fake. Should have calibrated that printer....

hemihampton

Reaction score
pinballdude said:

I look at it this way. Since I know the high bidder is the Sheihk, Maybe that bidder or seller knew it too. And if you know that then you know the Sheihk can't be outbid. I think, I'm pretty certain, from my research & from what I've seen people are just screwing with the shiehk & puposely upping him with no real intentions to buy. Thats what I think.

sunrunner

Reaction score
who wood use a beer bottle to bottle soda in?

hemihampton

Reaction score
sunrunner said:
who wood use a beer bottle to bottle soda in?

I got the answer to that. A Brewing Co. Like mine pictured below. Why? Coke always outsold Pepsi. SO, Pepsi got the great Idea to Package Pepsi in a 12 oz. bottle at the same 5 cents as the 6 oz Coke. People started Buying Pepsi because you could buy twice as much for same price as Coke. As a result Pepsi outsold Coke for the first time. They would use any bottle available including brewery beer bottles. LEON.

Attachments

• 511b8bf206ab44cc8f32d3929b5200cc.jpg
    511b8bf206ab44cc8f32d3929b5200cc.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 102

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jaygause