Sylmar brand Olive Oil bottle

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Humabdos

Reaction score
Greenville Texas The Blackest land whitest people
I picked this up at a garage sale last weekend in a box of bottles marked $20 for all.
It says SYLMAR BRAND LOS ANGELES OLIVE GROWERS ASSN LOS ANGELES, CAL
Its 7" 3/4 tall has a slight purple tint, smooth bottom, tooled top, whittled glass.
I'm guessing its from 1870s. Anyone know the approximate value.
Thanks, Glen

Ki18116.jpg

Attachments

• Ki18116.jpg
    Ki18116.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 228

kastoo

Reaction score
cool! What were th rest of the bottles? Any interesting crown tops or peppersauces?

Byronincoos

Reaction score
Thought I'd pass this info on to you...the Los Angeles Olive Growers Ass'n was in business from 1895-1925. The "Slymar" trademark was registered on Feb., 13, 1906. They had filed the TM application on Oct. 14, 1905...serial# 13,601. It had been in use by the company since September 1901.

This TM was used in several states, particularly California & Vermont; between the US & foreign nations especially England...and foreign Indian Tribes (whoever this was?).

It was produced in 3 sizes (I have all 3).....all round. The miniature is the scarcest size with a value of around $8-$10. The 2 larger common sizes are in the $3-$7 range. ~Cool~ bottles....but still very common.

Hope this helps.

Ye Olde Prospector

Reaction score
Hi Byronincoos,

Welcome to the forums!

I collect miniatures and sample bottles. When you mentioned a small size I checked to see what I had and sure enough it is SYLMAR BRAND OLIVE OIL. I dug it here in Maine and it still has stopper inside. It is 3 1/4 in. tall. Seam stops at collar. Travelled quite a ways.
Thanks for the info on it.

Ki19623.jpg

Attachments

• Ki19623.jpg
    Ki19623.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 154

Humabdos

Reaction score
Greenville Texas The Blackest land whitest people
Thanks for that info Byron.
I was going to do a little research on the CA olive growers tonight. I thought mine might be older because the seam stops just above the shoulder
1" 3/4 down from the rim. I'll keep an eye out for the other two sizes and put em up on the shelf with my Monte santo Olive oil bottle.
Glen

Byronincoos

Reaction score
Thanx for the welcome! Glad to be around fellow birds of a feather. I counted the few 'samples' I have, and could only locate 58 examples....a couple a dozen others, or so, around here somewhere . 7 of these are duplicates.

ORIGINAL: Ye Olde Prospector

Hi Byronincoos,

Welcome to the forums!

I collect miniatures and sample bottles. When you mentioned a small size I checked to see what I had and sure enough it is SYLMAR BRAND OLIVE OIL. I dug it here in Maine and it still has stopper inside. It is 3 1/4 in. tall. Seam stops at collar. Travelled quite a ways.
Thanks for the info on it.

Ki19623.jpg

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
.TheNYBittersCollector.