Syracuse University slugplate mtc quart

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

diggerdirect

Reaction score
Hoping someone here might have seen or have some info on a quart embossed milk I dug last Monday.
SYRACUSE UNIVERSITY PASTEURIZED MILK mTc 5-11-10
I haven't been able to find out anything on it. Ironically it was found about 50 miles North of Syracuse, 1910-20-40s era dump at the site of an old dairy farm. Its a thatcher made bottle (mTc) and dated 1910. Thanks in advance...Al

su1.jpg

su2.jpg

su3.jpg

su4.jpg

RED Matthews

Reaction score
Hello diggerdirect. It looks like a nice bottle. I worked for Thatcher's in Elmira NY from 1959 - 1973 In their Central Mold Division as an Applications Engineer and supervisor. I don't know what you want to know about the bottle. Is there a circle in the center of the bottom? If there is it was made on an ABM with a valve in the baffle for the settle-blow air. I couldn't see if there was a E around the heel for the Elmira Plant. That would have been the closest. Thatcher plant. RED Matthews

diggerdirect

Reaction score
Hi Red, Elmira it was, there is an 'E' dead center in the ring on the bottom. Mostly just wondering if any milk collectors here had seen one or heard of one before. I've checked with a couple local collectors and online but have come up empty.

Al

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raybrdn