Talked to a sister I never knew I had yesterday...

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

RedGinger

Reaction score
I hope you are able to get your medical problems resolved and are feeling better soon. I won't launch into mine, but I had a "lump", actually a lymph node removed last summer. It's a good procedure because they can tell what is going on by doing that. It's quite painful if you don't take medicine for it, but it's not a big deal to worry over. If you have any questions, feel free to message me.

I have a similar situation in that I haven't seen my father since I was about four. I wouldn't want to, but would like to know if I have any siblings and about the geneaology of that side of my family. If I had the money, I would hire a private investigator. There are times in my life when I thought, if he had been what he should have been, this or that would not have happened. $160 every few months just doesn't cut it or a single mom, but she didn't not want further interaction with him for our own safety. Luckily, my Grandfather was there for me as a male figure in my life. I miss him every day. When he died, the whole dysfunctional family slowly unraveled. He was kind of like the lynch pin that held the family together.

Do what is right for you. Take care.

Stardust

Reaction score
Hi Amanda,
Sorry to hear you have health issues right now. I pray that they will quickly pass. Sometimes life slows us down a bit to take a closer look at things near and dear to us. Where we are is where we are supposed to be right now. Sounds really nice to be able to find family that you never knew about. It is a gift, a beautiful gift for you right now. It's all in how you open your gift that will help those around you understand how important all of this is to you. Stressing that you are not going to lose any family, which parents can fear when they have brought you up. But communicate how important meeting you siblings means to you.. Love is something to be shared and not to be feared. I wish you the very best and may you also be healed soon and live in peace and happiness with all of your family.

Life is too short to be bitter, people make mistakes, I hope you can all blend in time and find happiness and peace.

woodswalker

Reaction score
Thanks for the great comments Stardust....I have been trying my hardest to forgive my bio dad...he made mistakes. LOTS of them...he's trying now but still not dependable. I still haven't gotten to meet my sister. We'll see how it all turns out in the end tho...I'm going to go get her myself so she and her daughter(my first niece that I know of) can spend the weekend with me...I've got the guest room and bathroom all ready for my next visitors!!! Hope fully I'll get to meet her soon!!

Stardust

Reaction score
I wish you the very best with all of it....
Just let the story unfold the way it's suppose to...your heart will do the rest.[;)]
star~*

glass man

Reaction score
GOD BLESS YOU AMANDA! WHAT A ORDEAL YOU ARE GOING THROUGH! MAN!!!! WILL BE PRAYING FOR YOU AND HOPE HE HEARS EVEN ME!!!

NO WAY I CAN IDENTIFY WITH WHAT YOU ARE GOING THROUGH,BUT I CAN TELL IT IS DEFINATELY ONE OF AMBIVALENCE! HAPPY,SCARED,KINDA LIKE WALKING IN THE DARK AND NOT SURE WHICH WAY TO TURN!

PRAY YOU MEET PEOPLE THAT YOU WILL GROW VERY CLOSE TOO AND WHO CAN BE EXTRA SUPPORT FOR YOU RIGHT NOW WHICH IS WHAT YOU NEED!GOD BLESS,HELP,AND GIVE YOU PEACE SWEET SISTER! JAMIE

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agrounds1