Texas Cure

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Dale

Reaction score
This is a bottle that I dug today. When I pulled it out of the hole, piece of the lip came off which I have. It reads Chapa's C.C.C.C. will cure you San Antonio Texas. I can not find any info on this bottle. Any help will be appreciated.

Bz77221.jpg

Attachments

• Bz77221.jpg
    Bz77221.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 60

madman

Reaction score
hey dale nice pharmacy! also great pic! ive saved a few pharms that were damaged, i kept them cause they are rare, if that bottle is local to you you could check old city directorys at your library mike

GuntherHess

Reaction score
http://www.tsha.utexas.edu/handbook/online/articles/CC/fch50.html

CHAPA, FRANCISCO A. (1870-1924).

Was the president of the San Antonio Retail Druggists Assoc.

Dale

Reaction score
Thanks madman I did'nt think about it being a pharmacy bottle untill you mention it, but that is what it is. A pharmacy that bottled there owen cure.

Dale

Reaction score
Thanks IRISH, think I will find out if it has much value first, that way I will know if I should do it or have some one that knows what there are doing do it.

Dale

Reaction score
Thanks for the info. GuntherHess,I thought it was a strang looking cure, I guess you could call it a drugstore cure. I recieved you book yesterday, vary impressed with it thanks

capsoda

Reaction score
Hey Dale, the value of that bottle is in what you can find out about its history. Your in a very historic state and you got to admit San Antonio is a pretty historis city.

What more could you ask for, an old bottle, some history and of course a Lone Star long neck.[sm=lol.gif]

Had my first one way back in the early seventies in down town San Antonio[:)]

Dale

Reaction score
Hey capsoda, I was hoping you knew the vaule of it. Have you ever seen one befor? How did you like the Lone Star? I was always kinda parsal to coor light myself, but I use to work for coors and I got it FREE. I useto log on to the forum to look at the bottles, now I find my self loging on to see if you and southern maine diver are giving each other a hard time! Thanks for the info.

capsoda

Reaction score
Yeah, that Wayne {southern maine diver} is always giving me a hard time and when I get up there at the end of March I'm gonna tell his Wife.[sm=lol.gif]

I haven't seen one before so I really can't say what yours is worth. It comes from a pretty historic place. Some of the local meds from my area go for hundreds but most go for $60 or less. None are cheap unless you dig them. I'd check the census records and old city directorys, like Mike suggested, at the library to get an idea of age. The three panel front was common in the late 1800s and the bottle style should also help you date it. Check with local collectors and look around in junk shops and at the flea market to see how much others are selling them for.

Mostly I would hang onto it untill I was sure what it was worth.

Lone Star kinda tasted like Bud to me. I'm parshall to JD but drink Mics or Millers if I'm buying.[sm=lol.gif]

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ROC.NYbottles