The ebay snipe rush, like a bad drug..

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
I don't like the other way around. Your selling something and wait til the last 2 minutes and... nothing.

Plumbata

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: cowseatmaize

I don't like the other way around. Your selling something and wait til the last 2 minutes and...  nothing.

LOL! Been there, but have had plenty of things blast off in the final moments too so no complaints overall. And if you've got that dose glass in mind, I'll definitely be bidding. [;)]

ironmountain

Reaction score
only time i've been sniped was when buying an acoustic guitar. wife gave me the go ahead and gave me a monetary figure. i tossed a bid in a few days prior to the end of the auction just to see how high the bidding would go.
30sec left and there hadn't been any bids in the prior few mins. I bid again and it shows 3sec, i hit refresh and i got hosed....which was fine by that time. the guitar went for less than 200 under store price.

I can't stand when you have 4000 watchers and people messaging you about the item and nobody bids...

i don't understand why people put buy it now items on their watch list and just let it hang there forever.
I get that some people are selling the same thing and want to keep an eye on pricing etc.... watching something for a month to see if a better price comes along seems like a waste to me. Do the research, check quality/pricing/seller and buy it.
I've put certain car parts on there (1930's-1940's vehicles) that I know are kind of "niche" parts as a BIN Good until sold. takes someone with a need for that single part to sell it. Get 12 watchers and they just sit there on it. I pulled the auction to see if anyone would contact me. I get a couple of messages asking if I was going to relist it. I relist the part and BAM...sold...

buyers have some weird ideas about buying...

there's a guy that sells some of the brands we carry...he charges 60-80 dollars for shipping for some of these items to continental U.S.... we sell knives/hatches/tomahawks/mil-spec backpacks etc.... nothing heavy enough to justify even near that cost... we ship for free. doesn't cost much to ship a 300dollar knife...
people actually buy from him and spend that much on shipping....

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
And if you've got that dose glass in mind, I'll definitely be bidding.
I thought you said you weren't interested or I would have just sold it to you. It's got 7 watchers but if you want to take a gamble that's it's only watchers and not bidders, we can work something out. I got it let in run to the end now.

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
What a waste of the schedule fee also, I just noticed that. Between the 24 hour clock and the time difference I messed up big time. I wanted it to end at 8:45 or so ET, not 11:45. [:mad:][:D][:mad:][:D] California snipers aren't gonna be there for lack of interest.

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
Yeah, another sniper that waits to pay. I'm so sick of ebay!!
I know by ebay rules they have that right but it's just rude. If you snipe your right there so pay why don't ya. I would have gladly sold this for $30 shipped to Steve. Oh well, I'm stuck with paying the flea another fiver or so.
Agree faces, Agree faces, Agree faces,

AlexD

Reaction score
Oh lord, I know that feeling oh too well. The perfect bottle, ending in 20 seconds. Just picture it [;)]

RCO

Reaction score
yeah i've had this happen to me a couple times before when i was bidding on different things on that site

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tina Luallen