The largest

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

thesodafizz

Reaction score
A name for it - or course there's a name for it. I tease my friend that he has a bottle obsession. Obsession fits it for him. I don't know what it is for me. Add to my building full of bottles (yeah, to get them out of the house so everytime you moved you didn't knock one over, a building was built - 35 x 16 - and it's about full; most of the duplicates live here, the rest - good stuff - is in display cabinets in the house); so, add to the bottles the signs, trays, crates, cartons, bottle caps, calendars, glasses, magazine ads, posters, photographs, cancelled checks, tradecards, etc. and it makes a lot of "stuff." But geez is it fun chasing it all down, and the people you meet doing it.

So, obsession can be a good thing........

K

acls

Reaction score
I think we all have a little B.O. here................like Kathy said bottle obsession.

capsoda

Reaction score
OOOH Thanks TD, Now she is sure that your nuts and that you hang out on this forum full of nuts!!! [sm=lol.gif][sm=lol.gif][sm=lol.gif]

I have over 300 Pensacola, Florida bottles. That includes pharmacys, sodas, milks, poisons, meds and a few other miscellaneous Pensacola bottles.

Used to have 1000 or so sodas and 600 embossed and labeled food and product jars and bottles but sold most of the too.but cut way back. Also have a bunch of fruit jars but havent counted them lately.

RICKJJ59W

Reaction score
I am what you call a switcherupper, when I dig better stuff I move bottles off the (good) shelf to the windowsill.I keeps going around and around until I have to put stuff in boxes.I don't buy a whole lot,as a matter of fact I haven't bought in a long while.I rely mostly on digs to fill my shelves.Then you have them slow dig periods like now, where you just stare at the stuff you dug and thank the bottle god. Here is one shelf, I had to do two shots the shelf is to long to get it in one pic.

[/align]

8942BD9EBC104925BBEF35A5B7D9CA3E.jpg

Attachments

• 8942BD9EBC104925BBEF35A5B7D9CA3E.jpg
    8942BD9EBC104925BBEF35A5B7D9CA3E.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 70

ncbred77

Reaction score
I've just been collecting bottles for about two years now. I'd say I have around 150-200. 98% of them are embossed and local. That keeps the numbers down quite a bit and more money to collect other things :).

My other collections are of baseball cards, NY Yankees memorabilia, comic books (regret selling my older Amazing Spiderman comics), hotwheels, arrowheads, fossils and a small collection of coins. I don't get rid of much.

My wife wonders if I have O.C.D. Its like I will be hooked on one of my collections for a while then all of a sudden I turn to another one. Some not so much anymore.

grime5

Reaction score
here ya go pat heres some of my redlines i found like 6 more when i was putting those up that i didnt get a picture of. and here is a few treasure hunts there is around 500 of those in my collection and probably 30 more red lines at my moms. and a picture of my sons 1967 barracuda
2cmm71c.jpg
294tngl.jpg
23u8tty.jpg
15my4x3.jpg
j81ooh.jpg

ncbred77

Reaction score
500 Treasure Hunts???? Jesus Christ! I've found one in my life time. The only redlines I have are a couple years old [:(].

GeorgiaVol

Reaction score
Been collecting for only 2-3 months now (I'm still a baby, waaaah). My oldest Obsession is collecting Video games. Got about 9-10 different systems and over 1000 different games for them. Guess I got OVGC disorder.

PS if anyone has an Atari Jaguar they dont want just let me know[;)]

RICKJJ59W

Reaction score
I used to have a 69 cuda fastback,it was red like yours. I don't have pix because I had it when I was 19.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carpenter