The wolves are back....

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

ironmountain

Reaction score
they look like the coyotes that we shoot up here in the U.P.....

Wolf story: we have a 1milex1mile area to hunt, all private land etc...we were near the shore of Lake Superior on an apple orchard that dates back to when Native Americans were the only ppl living up here.....so father in law and I are about 200yds away from each other, walking parallel down this slope and he gets on the radio and says to watch out for the pack of wolves he just saw...i'm thinking he's playing with me, until about 20yds to my right I see the tall grass moving and these wide backs hauling through the grass...I walk over and damn if they weren't the biggest "dog" tracks I've ever seen....

towhead

Reaction score
Yes Penn, If I would not have seen the large one first, I woulda' thought the small one was a healthy coyote. But all the coyotes I've seen here have been horribly mangey and much smaller than even the baby. Their rump appears to sit lower to the ground too....?

Wow Bob, you're not that far away from me...Maybe you'll see one someday.

Well Laur, I guess I just always thought they were just called timberwolves....? As far as the tail thing goes, it's just generally the subordinate one that does that. See the big one in the front, its tail is straight out. -Julie

P.S. And, who knows for sure? Maybe I just have incredibly large and healthy coyotes? -Julie

towhead

Reaction score
Yeah ironmountain, I'm never terribly sure...I gotta get a better pic of the larger one! [;)] -Julie

glass man

Reaction score
GREAT PICTURES! When I first saw this I thought it was about the people running for PRESIDENT!JAMIE

glass man

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: GuntherHess

you are lucky. I'd rather have wolves than chiggers. Hopefully they would eat some of the deer multiplying like rats.

CHIGGERS? RIGHT ON MATT!Every year in the 60s most of one side of my family got together to pick black berries[chiggers love to hang out there...I also always wondered who started these family things and why I had to go?]

I always ended up with chiggers...man they love places like under the arms,but especially the private parts!Could not help but finally break down and scratch myself raw...then put alcohol on it and scream!!Yes terrible little bugs!!!JAMIE

towhead

Reaction score
Hey Joel, how about a picture of grandpas coyote?

Thanks for looking Jamie! Eeeew chiggers, now I really feel creepy crawly!

HA HA Rick!! But sometimes, they are also called a route. -Julie

RICKJJ59W

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: towhead

Hey Joel, how about a picture of grandpas coyote?

Thanks for looking Jamie! Eeeew chiggers, now I really feel creepy crawly!

HA HA Rick!! But sometimes, they are also called a route. -Julie

[font="arial, helvetica, sans-serif"]http://www.Wolf.Pack.Tobacco. [/align]
[/align]
[/font]

They are also called "Abunch of Puffers" bet you didn't know that

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member