things dug saturday

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

THE BADGER

Reaction score
thanks dansalata i really like it. went out today to a newer dump because the privy i've been trying to get got delayed again,sorry rick. the only good stuff i came back with was a couple tokens one says 5cents at PENNSYLVANIA HOTEL,WALNUTPORT PA. /THE OTHER IS SOME KIND OF PRO BASEBALL TOKEN OF GUS TRIANDOS,BALTIMORE ORIOLES. GOT ABOUT 20 MARBLES A FEW LITTLE TOYS AND A FEW MILK BOTTLES FROM HELLERTOWNPA.,AND BUTZTOWN PA. BADGER

THE BADGER

Reaction score
thanks p-digger this weekend seemed to be a marble weekend, went out digging some different era dumps.the first was so new i just wanted to get out of it then hit some toc type dumps.got all small stuff no bottles worth even mentioning.i will throw a few pics on monday of some of the things i found but it wasnt much.the one site i am working has dumps along a very long stone property divider wall but i havent found the older section yet.the best old thing i found was found with the toc stuff but was much older it is 2 civil war era officer type buttons and when i found them they were in a ball of dirt and i noticed they had material around them.well the buttons were still attached to the material so i poured 2 bottles of distilled water on them until the dirt came off and it loosened the material and i now have them in a shadow box.2 buttons on the actual uniform jacket thats cool.sorry for the rambling. BADGER

RICKJJ59W

Reaction score
Did you just find the buttons with the jacket? I thought you told me about them before?
Hey I got the permission for the ghetto joint.What I do is I hypnotize the people when they come to the door.
"""" I willllll diggg yourrr privyyyyy"""""" """I willlll diggg yourrr privyy"
[8D]

Nickevlau

Reaction score
Look for a little flower button (macro) button on your camera. It helps the camera focus on close objects. Also having a solid background (no objects for the camera to focus on) will help. If you notice in the pictures the background is in great focus. Great digs! Any new marbles?

THE BADGER

Reaction score
hey rick,yes these are those buttons but what i wasnt talking about finding them just now i was saying they were the best thing i found at the place i was at this time.i do want you to come down there and check that place with me because i have a few places there that need some probing,if we find the bottle pits there its gonna be good.NICKEVLAU,thanks i gotta check for the macro thing because all my pics are not focused and i find alot of small stuff so i need that.i found alot of marbles this week so it would help with them also. BADGER

RICKJJ59W

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: THE BADGER

hey rick,yes these are those buttons but what i wasnt talking about finding them just now i was saying they were the best thing i found at the place i was at this time.i do want you to come down there and check that place with me because i have a few places there that need some probing,if we find the bottle pits there its gonna be good.NICKEVLAU,thanks i gotta check for the macro thing because all my pics are not focused and i find alot of small stuff so i need that.i found alot of marbles this week so it would help with them also. BADGER

Ok I will check it out with you one of these days
.It looks like we may have another permission,I need to call the people back tonight.1875 two story big brick house.Lots of glass I hope.
I am having that problem with my camera to. Remember That pry bar fell on it [&o][8D] I just got a new Nikon Coolpix today.perfect digging cam.

THE BADGER

Reaction score
sounds good mr. sick ,you need some more movies coming out . people are waiting, SPIELBERG OF THE PITS. BADGER

logueb

Reaction score
Great finds Badger. I racked my brain trying to remember the type of pipes they sold in Germany that were so collectible. Could that pipe be a Meerschaum? They were always carved with such detail. They start out white and asorb the dark colors from the tobacco as they are smoked. It may be why the color is flaking off. Anyway, just a thought. Good Luck on your next dig. Buster.

THE BADGER

Reaction score
whats up buster,that could be a possibility and could explain the colors flaking off.the pipe is real nice with or without the color but it did give it a little zip.thanks for the info. BADGER

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ROC.NYbottles