Think you are having a bad day?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Kim

Reaction score
Hi All
This is a story that my daughter had found on the net and I thought it might be interesting reading for those who dive for bottles.
Regards Kim

Think you are having a bad day?

Fire authorities in California found a corpse in a burned-out section of forest while assessing the damage done by a forest fire. The deceased male was dressed in a full wet suit, complete with scuba tanks on his back, flippers, and face mask.

A postmortem test revealed that the man died not from burns, but from massive internal injuries. Dental records provided a positive identification. Investigators then set about to determine how a fully clothed diver ended up in the middle of a forest fire.

It was revealed that on the day of the fire, the man went diving off the coast, some 20 miles from the forest. The fire fighters, seeking to control the fire as quickly as possible, had called in a fleet of helicopters with very large dip buckets.
Water was dipped from the ocean and emptied at the site of the forest fire.

You guessed it. One minute our diver was making like Flipper in the Pacific, the next, he was doing the breast stroke in a fire dip bucket 300 feet in the air. Some days it just doesn't pay to get out of bed.

IRISH

Reaction score
Holy youknowwhat !
What a way to go [:eek:] , only thing is though is it true ? or just one of those net stories. Thing that makes me unsure is that I think that helicopters use a sucker, if they used a dipper wouldn't they be risking flipping into the water ? oz-riley will know, he has a chopper license.

Maine Digger

Reaction score
This is from the infamous "Urban Myths of America"![:D] In fact, a show on the learning channel I think is called Myth Busters, actually takes on these storeis and tries to replicate them. They 'busted' this one really quickly, the 'scoop' used to gather water for air fire tankers is covered with a screen to keep this from happening, other tankers drop a big sucker hose, again not big enough....Another famous one is about a guy who strapped a Jato rocket to the top of his chevy and touched it off in the Arizona desert, went airborn and slammed into a cliff at 300mph.[:D] I would think Oz would have some very interesting Urban Myths, the crock that ate an entire town etc...

diginit

Reaction score
Howdy,Norm
Funny you should mention that last one.You might be interested to know that It was on the news and the newspapers here. He burnt the brakes to the drum and had almost no steering in the salt flat at 300 mph.I also remember hearing the funeral announcements. Jeez,that was a while back.Here's one for ya.A friend of mine got hit by a car a few years back.He was pinned under the vehicle.The driver then put the car in reverse to see what he had run over.[:mad:]True story!

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dvergatal