This is the OTHER glass I collect!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

grugirl

Reaction score
Anyone else collect other types of glass? Share the pics if you do! Here are some of my goodies.
HPIM8701.jpg
HPIM8702.jpg
HPIM8721.jpg
HPIM8705.jpg
HPIM8703.jpg
HPIM8712.jpg
HPIM8723.jpg

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
Nice stuff and Happy Birthday Cheryl. Did you make that doily to color match?
I don't collect anything any more. Stuff just finds me from time to time and seems to like me so I take it home.

grugirl

Reaction score
Thanks and ... Thanks... old lady today.. or should I say just OLDER.
I didn't make the doily but found it in a local anitque store recently and I bought it.
Love doilies but don't have the eyesight to make them or the patience. I'd rather be quilting anyhow.

RED Matthews

Reaction score
Hi grugirl; You've got some nice glass there. I especially link those jars with the ball sealing tops. Do they fit into any special shaped finish ring? I have never got the two pieces at the same time, so I do not know about the type of finish top matches the ball diameter.

The next shelf down has some nice hob nail glass pieces. I have four pieces of early hobnail and the molding leaves have to be more that four on those that I have. There isn't much written in the old glass forming books about them.

My wife would like that coffee, tea, or chocolate set. What is the bottom identity tell you?
Thank you for your posting for us to enjoy. RED Matthews

grugirl

Reaction score
Thanks.. yeah, the ball top jars are belgium glass. Not so sure about the smaller ones that I found at a g-sale but I love them. They all have a plastic seal that is form fitted.

Hobnail is one of my favorite antique glass designs. Just love it.

The tea set is from England. When we bought it off of Ebay over 12 years ago, they packed it horrible and all the large plates and 3 of the smalls were busted to bits when it arrived. Amazingly all the cups and the teapot and lid of all things was not touched. Amazing if you ask me.
We love old glass and cannot wait to fill yet another hutch. LOL

RedGinger

Reaction score
Nice collection. I like to hobnail too! I used to collect a lot of Jade-ite and depression glass, before I even knew about the bottle hobby. Sold it all, but that was just as well. The market for that stuff went way down. I think it's coming back, though. What type is the flowered set, on the right? I know Fiestaware is not glass, but I still like it. They still make it, but my husband doesn't care for it. I'll still get it, if I see some! I have a couple books on Fire-King and Depression Glass if there is a particular item you ever want more info on.

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JOYCELR