THIS is what gives some archys a bad name!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
If it weren't for amateur archies and people in it for the the money these people who paid to be trained in it wouldn't know what to learn. In other words, 90% or better of their knowledge came from folks digging in the dirt for fun, adventure, and yes, profit too.
I am half with them though. There are some people who find something of real significance and totally trash the area without regard. Except for profit that is.
You really need to know before snapping to judgments either way.

Jim

Reaction score
Those who would willingly destroy a truly significant archaeological site for profit, "fun" or any other reason are indeed scum. I'll agree with anyone on that point. There are some types of sites that should not be disturbed in a manner that will destroy or obscure any part of the information that they contain. This is really just common sense, and I can see why profesional archies get pissed when it happens.

On the other hand, I find condescending individuals and groups who like to throw around baseless accusations and trash all bottle collectors to be equally scummy. Just like with anything, there are the good and the not-so-good people. It is unfair and wrong for anyone to be lumped into the "bads" based on nothing but what their hobby is or how they pursue it. ~Jim

bigghouse

Reaction score
val is just jeolous that he cant dig a 20 foot hole and u can

there are a lot of glass hloes out there and i am not talking about pontils[:-]

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
squirrelman