three beverage bottles found in the Bronx

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

dibdib

Reaction score
Hey there. New to the world of bottles, but I'm enjoying getting familiarized with the science of bottle ID.
However, three bottles I found around the northwest Bronx are giving me a little trouble in discovering some details or history about them. I decided it may be easiest to bring my unanswered questions to the experts. I am trying to resize my pics so I can upload them, but until then the details are below. Any thoughts are appreciated, thanks!

The first bottle is an entirely embossed 7up bottle (green, with no applied color). I checked out some links that some users posted on here, but this bottle didn't seem to fit the categories on those links (this bottles shape is different than any I have found, as it has a very stout neck ).
Bottle#1 Details:
Neck - "7up ( 7 bubbles) , No Deposit No Return"
Bottle- "7 up (7 bubbles and a circled R) You like it - It likes you , One Pint"
Base- "Not to be Refilled, 14 CK- 18805 , 67"

The other two are local, but couldn't find much info.

Bottle # 2 Details:
"Tavolilla Bros Inc.
Tuckahoe, N.Y.
High Grade Beverages
Contents 8 Fl Oz."
Patented May 11 1926 , 65948 (this is pretty hard to read, so one number may be off)
Base- 3 , (symbol almost like a zero with an eye shape through it) , 46 , Registered, 1.

Bottle #3 Details:
"U-N0-US
Bruckner Beverages, Inc.
406-414 E 161st St.
New York
Registered
Contents 8 fl oz."
Base- G in a square, 178-3

surfaceone

Reaction score
Hello Katy,

Welcome to the Blue Bayou of Bottles, and thanks for telling us of your finds.

#1 is a 1967 7 Up NDNR. Does it look like one of the first 2 in this photo"

005-1.jpg
From.

#2 was made in 1946 by the Owns Illinois Glass Co. at the Fairmont, WVa plant. Tavolilla Bros. made a popular line of fruit flavored sodas under the Leewood brand name.

#3 was made by the Glenshaw Glass Works, possibly in 1943. Here's some Bruckner genealogical information. The Tammany Hall conection is of interest.

boss-tweed-2.gif

dibdib

Reaction score
GREAT info, thanks so much! [:D] I'm glad I decided to post them. I'm looking forward to checking out that link about Bruckner's bottle geneology link. As for the 7up, I have the second one in the line up you posted. Thanks again for lending your expertise!

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TonyG1