Thrift stores around here are wild

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Skoda

Reaction score
I was out thrifting just now and I found this just sitting among some junk that they put out today. I live in Silver Spring MD and the developed MoCo area as a whole is relatively new, so antique bottles do not show up in thrifts very often here- I thought this was a replica fantasy bottle at first glance! This is a quart size The Magic Fruit Jar- lid isn't intact unfortunately but it's in pretty good shape, just a small chip on the ground lip rim. The stuff that filters into these thrifts are generally way better than what I'd find in NH; some truly crazy antiques and this is one of the best I've found so far.
photo_2022-01-22_16-51-19.jpg
photo_2022-01-22_16-51-19 (2).jpg

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
Wow that's pretty good for a buck! I've had some good finds at Value Village (the Canadian equivalent of Savers) lately as well. For some reason I find that the finds have gotten a lot better since the pandemic started. More people cleaning out their houses I guess?

HouTxSoda

Reaction score
Its surprising a blue mason would be $ .99 and a clear one would be $ 1.49.

Skoda

Reaction score
Its surprising a blue mason would be $ .99 and a clear one would be $ 1.49.
I think they priced those higher because you can still buy the lids for those and use them for canning, while the ancient looking bottle with the weird top isn't going to accept any modern closure and is therefor just a decoration piece. That's my best guess anyways!

Reactions: Len

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rrenzi