Thursday's dig in a Ca.1930 Dump and another find

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Plumbata

Reaction score
Hey tftfan, I've actually only pulled around 2 cokes from the 20s-30s dump total, and they were hobbleskirts from Peoria, which are common and really not worth anything. Gotten more each of Kists, Orange Crushes, Arcanas, Brady & Omeara swastica sodas, and coca cola company Arctic Brand soda waters than actual cokes, and those are generally less common than peoria cokes so one can't complain. I dont see too many broken hobbleskirts either. Last time I dug in the dump (different section of the 20s-early 30s area) I kept finding the late style ABM SS cokes broken in place, which was unfortunate but i know where the spot is so hopefully I can get in and find some complete ones not affected by compaction, which are worth 35-50 or so depending on condition. It is interesting to see SS cokes in a 1928-1930 layer, so i guess they kept using them for a while after adopting the well-recognized style. A number of intact jugs came out of that spot too, so maybe there are some stenciled late throws in there next to a pile of SS cokes. One can only hope. [:)]

Thanks Rocky, it really is a sparkler but I'd much rather be digging Territory of Hawaii druggists right now if I could!

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TDF.1973