Tick Cure

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

jesster64

Reaction score
Just read this in local paper, first time I had heard about it. Antiseptic mouth rinse kills ticks on contact. Also, soak some tissues with mouthwash and place it on a tick allready imbedded. Tick will release its grip and back out. You can also entomb a tick in scotch tape and dispose of it. Dropping in listerine mouthwash will kill it in a few seconds.

glass man

Reaction score
GOOD INFO! ALL I HAVE EVER DONE WAS PULL THEM OFF AND MASH THEM AGAINST A ROCK OR SOMETHING. JAMIE

Stardust

Reaction score
I suffocate them little buggers in Vaseline. [:eek:]

RedGinger

Reaction score
I saw what looks like a great product for ticks and mosquitos on TV. It's called Repel and it's made with oil of lemon and eucalyptus. They tested it and it worked. Dr. Oz said he slathers it on his kids, so I am going to try it if I can find it at the hardware store. They said redheads are particularly prone to mosquitos. I am usually the favorite thing on their menu. I hope it works for bees too. I'll let you guys know when I try it.

Oldtimer

Reaction score
A couple drops of dish liquid in a half full glass of water drowns them quick. Pure water they just swim around in it. The soap makes them sink. Everything has to breathe. This method works good when you're pulling 40 ticks off the dog.

Stardust

Reaction score
I don't like chemicals on my dog does anyone use garlic or any other natural cures on there pets that work? My young dog had his first seizure after giving him his heart-worm pill this month. This has been a very difficult month and he is on a very close watch before meds would be started. I have read about vinegar and garlic but would rather hear it from friends here.

Thanks
~star~*

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: RedGinger

I saw what looks like a great product for ticks and mosquitos on TV. It's called Repel and it's made with oil of lemon and eucalyptus. They tested it and it worked. Dr. Oz said he slathers it on his kids, so I am going to try it if I can find it at the hardware store. They said redheads are particularly prone to mosquitos. I am usually the favorite thing on their menu. I hope it works for bees too. I'll let you guys know when I try it.

You can mix your own. Get essential oils at a health store and throw some eucayptus, citronella, blahblahblah. Works great for me. If you don't want to do that, just use Burt's Bee's herbal repellent, or evn Herbal Armor.
BTW I don't watch TV. Full of too many lies.

Oldtimer

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: Stardust

I don't like chemicals on my dog does anyone use garlic or any other natural cures on there pets that work? My young dog had his first seizure after giving him his heart-worm pill this month. This has been a very difficult month and he is on a very close watch before meds would be started. I have read about vinegar and garlic but would rather hear it from friends here.

Thanks
~star~*  
I use "frontline" from my Vet's office. It's pricey, but it WORKS. When you consider the fact that fleas and ticks spread nasty disease, it's worth the money. My dog and cats have no adverse effects from it. And I used to have a MAJOR flea problem before using Frontline. Now, no fleas at all. The dog gets ticks, but if I don't find them, they will die within a few days of biting in. I check him daily just to be sure he does not get Lyme.

Oldtimer

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: toshsheritagefarm

ORIGINAL: RedGinger

I saw what looks like a great product for ticks and mosquitos on TV.  It's called Repel and it's made with oil of lemon and eucalyptus.  They tested it and it worked.  Dr. Oz said he slathers it on his kids, so I am going to try it if I can find it at the hardware store.  They said redheads are particularly prone to mosquitos.  I am usually the favorite thing on their menu.  I hope it works for bees too.  I'll let you guys know when I try it.

You can mix your own. Get essential oils at a health store and throw some eucayptus, citronella, blahblahblah. Works great for me. If you don't want to do that, just use Burt's Bee's herbal repellent, or evn Herbal Armor.
BTW I don't watch TV. Full of too many lies.
I boycott anything made by "Burt's bees". The owner of that company is buying up vast stretches of Maine, and stopping all traditional uses, including most forestry and hunting. I can't abide that.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kennyg1960