Today's bottle show buys

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

CALDIGR2

Reaction score
Three of us trucked on down the the Golden Gate Bottle Club's annual show in Antioch, CA, this morning and after cruising the floor for hours I came home with three bottles and a icebox handle from a local brewery. The bottles are a sweet little cherry puce OP Lyons Powder, a green small size IP berry bottle that is heavily whittled and also gnarly whittled honey amber 1/2 pint strapside flask embossed Chas. Nelson/Wholesale Liquors/Ft. Scott. Kan. Not too bad for a less than 200 buck total. Sorry for the lousy photos, but I haven't been home long and the sun is low.
CIMG3037.jpg

CIMG3034.jpg

CIMG3035.jpg

cacarpetbagger

Reaction score
Looks like you scored some nice bottles. I was planning to go but my back has been giving me a lot of grief lately, to long a drive for me.

CALDIGR2

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: cacarpetbagger

Looks like you scored some nice bottles. I was planning to go but my back has been giving me a lot of grief lately, to long a drive for me.
Steve, it was kinda slow. Actually, the little flask has been long promised to me and was delivered today. The berry and Lyon's were just lucky scores.
Ask Stevie B. about the goings on. If I had wanted to spend money on great bottles that aren't in my "realm" I would have gone home flat broke. Lucky for me there were no Hotaling bottles that I don't already have.

bottlekid76

Reaction score
Mike,

I'd love to buy that Ft. Scott flask from you if you'd ever part with it and bring it back home. Just let me know! [:)]

~Tim

Lordbud

Reaction score
I'll be there for the actual show tomorrow morning. First bottle show in a year since my accident. Scored an unlisted cylinder last year for almost nothing. Pizza in Walnut Creek after, then a trip to the bad side of town.

Lordbud

Reaction score
Damn the Golden Gate show was super slow. I saw nothing of interest until my digging partner spied a small SF druggist next to a row of Florida Waters on Rick L.'s table. That was it for me bottle-wise one tiny local. I saw many of the same bottles on the same dealers' tables as last year. Same boxes of Los Angeles and Fresno druggists, a few non-remarkable jakes, a couple of Hudson spice bottles, and some tables marked with seller's names but which remained empty throughout the morning. My digging buddy and I didn't even spend $100 between us.

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
louieb583