tonites digs

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Caretaker maine

Reaction score
here are the ones I kept tonite , clean them when ever

Cz80102.jpg

Attachments

• Cz80102.jpg
    Cz80102.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 58

Caretaker maine

Reaction score
here's my favorite one of the bunch, it's a shaker of sorts

Nk28055.jpg

Attachments

• Nk28055.jpg
    Nk28055.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 61

diggerjeff

Reaction score
thats a nice vaseline glass shaker! i have a few items simular to yours , same type of glass . i have some marbles i have found in that green coloralso. i bought a crock at an auction one day and it was one of those quack medical devices that radiated water. radium was thought to have health benefits at one time and water that was put in this crock WAS radiated and if you drank it you were exposing yourself to larger than normal amounts of radiation. lots of people died before they figured what why. ok, now i will get to the point! i got my hands on a gieger counter and measured the level of radiation of the crock so i would know how to handle it safly. after that was over i decided to see what else would make this thing tick faster . i passed it over nearly every thing in my collection and to my suprise i found that the green glass like your shaker is made of is high in beta radiation. now,if i remember this right i measured about 2 mr on the geiger as normal everyday level we are all exposed to, and this is acceptible. 5mr is what the vaseline glass put off at 6"-12". alot of early marbles are high in radiation. imagin a kid walking around with a pocket full!!! fiesta ware from the 50-60's clay often has natural radiation . lets say this if it is glass glows under a blacklight it is prob.radioactive. so be carefull when you handle this stuff and never use them or eat off old dishes. alot old pottery contains high levels of lead. i donated the crock for study to a collage. it made me nervous.!

ronvae

Reaction score
Geez,
The things I learn on this site!!! [X(]

KentOhio

Reaction score
I have two abm soda bottles embossed The Radium Spring Water Company. I admit they kind of give me the willies.

Bottleman

Reaction score
Hey Kent, do you have a picture of The Radium Spring Water Company bottle? I would love to see them. I like to collect bottles with strange or funny names on them and yours is defiantly in that category!

~~Tom

whiskeyman

Reaction score
The salt shaker is Depression glass...should have a pattern of some type on it...Pattern determines its value....besides color, that is.

KentOhio

Reaction score
Bottleman, sorry, I don't have a picture. I might some day and I'll post it. They're aqua crown tops with the embossing in straight lines on the front.

Caretaker maine

Reaction score
here is a pic of the bottom of the shaker and a lid I dug there too

Om34426.jpg

Attachments

• Om34426.jpg
    Om34426.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 63

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads