Too Bad!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Dugout

Reaction score
Later this week I should take a picture of the wool bags.

Dugout

Reaction score
Okay, here are the bags of wool, with Jack to use as a scale. They are very heavy. And as close as I can tell they sheared approximately 272 sheep to fill these 4 bags. And Fred you are right about being a certain kind of guy (or girl as there are girls that shear too) to tackle the shearing job. These guys buy the end of shearing are muscled up. Shearing is not just a job either. It is a competition or sport. Each shearer trys to shear more sheep than he did the at the last shearing job. He also trys to shear more than the other members of the shearing crew. Of our sheep, Matt sheared 86, Corey sheared 88, and Ben sheared 61. And I am not sure who sheared what of the rest of the sheep that are my son in laws but he has about 37 here. If they shear one buck, they get paid as if it were 2 ewes. The really good sheep shearers go to Australia and compete over there. Our wool last year was purchased by France and I believe China. We belong to the Tri State Wool Association and the sheep people haul their wool to the warehouse in Montana and it is stored there until the price is agreed upon.

9D0CC443B9124D15A6A7BFCD99C501C0.jpg

Attachments

• 9D0CC443B9124D15A6A7BFCD99C501C0.jpg
    9D0CC443B9124D15A6A7BFCD99C501C0.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 56

Penn Digger

Reaction score
Renee,

Thanks for sharing the pictures of real Americana life. Always love your posts and pics. While on our road trip out west last summer, visiting you and your family was the highlight of the whole trip. Many thanks to you and Bill and family. You guys are a nice, hard working type of folks that most of America has forgotten. Keep it going and hope to visit again soon!

PD

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dr Peter Venkman