too many

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

jesster64

Reaction score
went out with the badger 2 weeks ago. I started a hole and wound up in mason jar hell. Must have pulled 20 out. Finally tried reverse psychology and started looking for masons. If you can't beat em... Here are some of the more interesting ones I thought. They'll probably be in my next garage sale. 25 cents each.
dig57001.jpg

coreya

Reaction score
I'll take the 2 blue ones and the green one for .25 cents each, let me know?

woodswalker

Reaction score
Anytime you see the word PERFECT offset to the right of MASON, these were made 1913-1914. There is another type of Ball PERFECT MASON where the word PERFECT is offset quite a bit to the left of MASON (several letters) but this is a reworked DREY PERFECT MASON mould made c1925 when Ball bought out the Schram company that made the Drey jars.
I noticed some of yours said perfect mason on them...check this out...you might have some good keepers!!

ajohn

Reaction score
Hey jess,
That first BALL on the left is a reworked BOYD jar with the letters leaning to the right.
Not as common of a BPM as others.A must for any BALL collector.Thanks for posting.
A.J.

dygger60

Reaction score
Another thing you may want to check on that BALL PERFECT MASON on the left of the photo....Most of these style jars the word PERFECT is the same size as the word MASON.....now....there is a variation where the word PERFECT is mush smaller.

And I agree...they are a must for a Ball jar collector......I myself got a set of the BOYD jars before the change and a set of the Ball jars after the change. The blue BOYD pint with the small letter variation is a
tough nut to crack.....usually have to pick them up at a show.

And there we have another oddity about these series of jars.....while the blue Ball PM's of this series is a common jar....the BOYD blue pints tough....but....the green BOYD pints are considered common while the green BALL PM's are tough....

Peace

David

jesster64

Reaction score
So I did a good thing rescueing them from the ground. I'll try and take better pictures of the lettering and post.
Badger, go back and get the 20 others I left there.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kennyg1960