Took Friday off to dig a privy out of town,that didn't work out so -----------

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Macaco

Reaction score
That's what I like to see! Excellent quality bottles and artifacts in that spot. Is it just me or does Badger appear to have dug himself into a dangerous overhang situation? That dirt looks very soft and unstable. Steve

RICKJJ59W

Reaction score
2find4me said:
Like your Reinbold with the upside down horseshoe.Whisker Dye: EBAY
$_35.JPG
That boat is a sweet find.Also, what does the hutch and gin read?

Yeah did some research on that one after I dug it put some pix on my website.

Attachments

• e2ed3813a3e14950b7bc6f7b4eba5134.jpg
    e2ed3813a3e14950b7bc6f7b4eba5134.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 83
  • 7035a41342d84daab38c529ef675a1c7.jpg
    7035a41342d84daab38c529ef675a1c7.jpg
    105.6 KB · Views: 77

RICKJJ59W

Reaction score
Macaco said:
That's what I like to see! Excellent quality bottles and artifacts in that spot. Is it just me or does Badger appear to have dug himself into a dangerous overhang situation? That dirt looks very soft and unstable. Steve

I posted the dig here didn't I? That means no cave in's or overhang issue's. I know when people see this dump dig in action they think "DANGER DANGER WILL ROBINSON !" you are not the only one who said that. I get flash backs of my mother hollering at me as a kid, "Ricky don't go in there!" Don't take that personal,I had 5 other people on face book say it. I am kinda getting tired of seeing it. We know what we are doing.I have been digging since I was 15. I'll be 55 in Aug. The top part is hard and packed.Yes there are cave -ins when "we get deep" but like I always say you have to be on your toe's and move quick when the shat starts to fall. Its the name of the dump digging game. That is one of the reasons I "dislike" deep dumps. It is not the cave them selves it is digging the cave its out!! that's a pain in the back.I'm gittin to old for that crap. [:)] I went out to try and score some "privy permissions" today I got at least one. I have to remember to keep doing that or I won't be digging privy's,and I haven't been in a while.No one helps me try and get permissions,it gets tiring. No one wants to knock on doors.

RICKJJ59W

Reaction score
cannibalfromhannibal said:
There is a whole other life out there besides the bottle life.[:)]

That just goes to show you Jack we are all different animals :) In my neck of the woods the "upside down H shoe" means the luck in running out. If you look on any barn around here that have horse shoes hanging they are all "right side up" to keep that luck in [;)] I guess the bottle maker wasn't thinking that day. LOL THERE IS???? What am I missing??? HAHA! BTW, where I grew up, the horseshoe "upside down" was meant for the luck to rain down on you. When I find one while digging, I always hang it on the side or wall of the hole that way, letting bottle goddess know she owes me a good one! Always works! Never, ever fails! Ha! Jack Oh, nice dig, also! Looks like a serious clay cover to get to the goodies. I think that candy dish lid was the battleship Maine. Should be a shallow dish to go with it. I think they were a fancy mustard by Flaccus and others, as there are several variants out there. I have a couple in milk glass and after they were empty they used them for candy dishes or whatever. When dish or cover broke, that's when they pitched them. But you probably knew all that already.......Jack
[/quote]

buzzkutt033

Reaction score
good to see ya digging and back on the Forum. not bad for a dump dig eh ?? i hear ya on the permissions. i'm on a good run lately. just gotta keep plugging away at it. got in a 1840's - 50's pit the other day and found some decent stuff, but i'm having problems posting photos on here. take care Rick, jim

epgorge

Reaction score
Nice dig Rick. I would love to see that glass ship's detail. Can you post some cleaner pictures of it?Thanks.Joel

RICKJJ59W

Reaction score
buzzkutt033 said:
good to see ya digging and back on the Forum. not bad for a dump dig eh ?? i hear ya on the permissions. i'm on a good run lately. just gotta keep plugging away at it. got in a 1840's - 50's pit the other day and found some decent stuff, but i'm having problems posting photos on here. take care Rick, jim

Hey Jim40's & 50's sounds like heaven. We have had an 1860 (Big) house for a while that we are having a hard time finding the privy. We hauled out a ton of cut branches,concrete and bricks from a spot we thought the privy might be under but it wasn't. The owner said he had a cesspool in the back i'm starting to wonder if they did any converting? I'll find that bas@#$rd one of these days. it should be a big one. It's from a big rich house. So you can't post pix? I find it easier to put your pictures on a 'web hosting" site. Photobucket etc. I use my own website. I up load them to my site and drag them to an ABN post.

RICKJJ59W

Reaction score
Macaco said:

It is unstable and so are we

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
louieb583