Took Some Quality Photos Of That GIV-7

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Just Dig it

Reaction score
Here are some Higher Non Cell Phone Pics of that Decanter I picked Up
Better late Then Never i Suppose..I cannot find anything on the scarcity of The Variant embossed BOURBON..Even the almighty Google Has Failed Me [:(]..anyone got it in a book somewhere?

IMG_0117.jpg

IMG_0118.jpg

IMG_0119.jpg

IMG_0123.jpg

IMG_0124.jpg

IMG_0121.jpg

IMG_0120.jpg

RedGinger

Reaction score
Wow, that is cl(gl)assy! I would never have thought twice about something like that because I didn't know anything about them. Were you able to find out anything else about it? I think you should put some bourbon in it and test it out! It would be cool to see it with the "original contents"!

Just Dig it

Reaction score
Laur ..The only other Variants other then a Blank Space are Scotch and Cherry.One Site Said Scotch Was Listed As Scarce.But idk. I looked alot and just cant find one with bourbon Embossed. Im Surprised it is so Mint.Just some light staining But it looks Beautiful..Not bad for the back shelf at a little flea Market in a local Mill basement.

Yeah it is Blown 3 Mold lobes..1825-1840 from what i gather
Sometimes I wish They could tell us of Their Trips.Im sure everything it has
seen in its 170 ish Years is just as beautiful as it.

RED Matthews

Reaction score
Hello Just Dig It; I really like this decanter. I will watch for a stopper for it. Please measure the top of the taper and estimate the lower diameter - and PM me with the information. We have a glass marketer that comes to out Florida Bottle Club shows and seems to always have a bunch of odd stoppers to search through.

I saved a set of your pictures and put the pattern ID on my Wanted Stoppers list.
It you are into selling it - please remember to let me know. RED Matthews

Just Dig it

Reaction score
Hey Clarence I just got off the phone with the New Bedford glass Museum.Im going to donate My Thomas Cains decanter to them. I might hang onto this one I just dont know yet
The guy Mentioned he was going to be out of town for a bit Because He was Going to Some thing that Corning Is throwing.I figured id mention it to you Because i know you Have Friends In High Places. Take care Red And be careful in that Sarasota Sun[:D]

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AuctionAnnie