Top 100 Pet Peeves about Ebay.

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

antlerman23

Reaction score
well, just recently, i bought a cheap stomeware beer bottle for $5 with free shipping[:D]
yesterday, i got a notice in the mail telling me to pay the postage due.
that asshat sent the bottle media mail for $3.63!!! now im on the hook for over $5.
not a huge amount, but there is no way im paying $10 for that bottle. im trying to get him to refund my $5 i paid him
ugh, that guy sucks.

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
ugh, that guy sucks.
I did something like that years ago. I had an old and used Priority box that I turned inside out (the kind with all the flaps and slots). At that time they didn't have the printing on the inside. I did send it 1'st class but I still got called on it for the additional $1.50 or whatever. I refunded the guy $5.
Oh wait, that's more a PO gripe.
New Thread coming soon! [:D][:D][:D]

cyberdigger

Reaction score
I hate it when you have the only bid and the seller decides to pull the listing right before it ends..!

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
There's a lot of buyer prospective here but I sold 5 things recently.
I hate snipers that come in on the last 20 seconds and after 2-3- whatever days and still don't pay. That happened recently and I said F-it. They went to a great forum member now.
Another didn't snipe but I ran through the whole NPB process, more than a week.
3 out of 5 isn't great.[:mad:]

splante

Reaction score
I hate ebayers that do not leave feedback.
You go through all the trouble of packing an item really well, ship it fast for a whopping two dollar profit ,you leave positive feedback and the buyer never ends up leaving feedback.
I have over 450 ebay feedback ratings and it could should be close to about 650 or 700

I hate the fees coming soon 10% of sale 10% of shipping and then more for paypal

ironmountain

Reaction score
i hate when you go into a thrift store and see a 20 dollar tool/item marked at 100.00 and "it lists for more than that on ebay" listing and actual sell price is an entire different world.

i also dislike ppl who list a decent first edition book for .99 and end up selling it for 12 bucks and i'm not fast enough to buy it.

i could go on but i'll end up in a straight jacket.

luckily my buddy and i are selling knives(esee bark river and becker are our best sellers out of 400 brands) so its all steady now. no more tons of research to end up selling something for dirt cheap because everybody and their brother has one and then the 400% in fees.

RCO

Reaction score
i hate dealing with the post office , has been a couple sales this winter where i sold something only to find out shipping costs are not what i though . sold a small wallet i had got as a gift and had no use for . estimated shipping at $5 but went to post office and got a quote for $9 which seemed way to high , eventually after more quotes and after postal lady checked the size again it was determined shipping would cost $ 3.50 which was alot less that original quote . i often feel the post office is trying to steal my profits away which high shipping costs

but as for ebay itself find the site pretty good , is alot of competition for good items , have been getting out bid on most of the bottles i see , guess as i mature as a collector i'm starting to go after better bottles than before and trying to buy ones more serious collectors want as well but they have more $

diggerdirect

Reaction score
I'd have to say the ebay fee on shipping as #1, advertise paypal only as #2, only nicey nice feedback to deadbeat buyers as #3, the star rating system & consequences as #4 and the placing of others items on your paid for listing page as #5.

Other than that, & in spite of all that its still the best game in town for the broad spectrum of items turned up in a dump or privy.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Acrgator