Tornadoes what a month here in the U.S.

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Steve/sewell

Reaction score
What a month this has been for natures fury.We are on track to easily break the record from the notorious 1974 tornado outbreak, which occurred on April 3-4, 1974, produced 148 tornadoes over the course of two days and is thought of as one of the largest and deadliest tornado outbreak in history from one storm system. Today the period from Thursday, April 14, 2011 to Saturday, April, 16, 2011, devastating tornadoes rampaged across communities of the southern United States. Cities and towns from Oklahoma to North Carolina were assaulted by the deadly twisters. The tornado outbreak led to a total of 241 tornado reports in 14 states over the three-day period.We are not out of the woods yet as two more large scale events will take place this week.To the videos........................

Natures most destructive force,some say these guys are idiots in this fist video but to me there very brave and just enjoy what their doing.At the 2:10 minute mark of the video you can feel the power of this thing through your speakers!Turn up the sound to enhance the effect on the first video and youy will feel like you are in the car with them.This is a F-2 tornadoe 113 to 157 mph wind speeds.The second one is amazing because of the shear weight of the object being tossed and the aftermath that ensues.The third video speaks for itself.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Qu9wR03GVA&f

Fast forward to the 1:10 mark on this video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=azV5bC2br-Q

My personal favorite all of these people were lucky for this had F-4 winds but was very small in size.The tornadoe grew 15 minutes later and killed two people up the road 6 miles away.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lHBZylcxIvw

sandchip

Reaction score
Idiot. The one video that wouldn't load yesterday is the train video. Sorry 'bout that, Steve.

Steve/sewell

Reaction score
Southern Arkansas and a good portion of Louisiana are getting hammered right now with tornadoes.There have been two F-4 tornadoes this evening which were also long lived over 50 miles on the ground.So far the night is still going there are still 5 radar indicated tornadoes on the ground.Two of these are about to spill over into Western Mississippi.The following towns Elkart Texas an F-4 Tornadoe is bearing down on you and should be there at 10:20 Central Time,in Louisiana the towns of West Monroe and Monroe a huge (1 mile wide) F-4 Tornadoe with softball sized hail is moving 60 MPH toward you seek shelter This is going to hit at 10:20 Central time.I am looking at my radar software right now and these two storms are incredible wait until you see the damage reports in the morning.

epackage

Reaction score
Saying a prayer for any members in the area along with anyone else, I thank my lucky stars everyday I live in the most congested area around but the least weather affected area in the country except for some big snowfalls, be safe people and God Bless....Jim

Steve/sewell

Reaction score
If you are able to see this post and click on this link before 8:45 this evening,North Eastern Tennesee look at the three tornadoes.One has hit Knoxville one to the east of it and one to the west of Knoxville.This will be another long night.You can see the rotation in the round shaped dark purple red storms on the radar loop./ http://www.accuweather.com/us/radar/sir/tn_/radar.asp?play=true

Steve/sewell

Reaction score
A tornadoe has just gone through Birmingham Alabama 20 miutes ago and another one went just to the south of Chatanooga Tennesee.All of these storms are at least F-2 and possibly up to F-4 on The Fujita scale.

Steve/sewell

Reaction score
Over 30 lives lost this evening,and it is not over yet Knoxville again is in the path right now of an F-4 (180 mile mph winds) a mile wide,soft ball sized hail.There are 2 tornadoes in Northern Georgia,an F-4 and an F-3 doing extreme damage.There have been over 130 reports of tornadoes this evening in 6 states.

surfaceone

Reaction score
What a month this has been for natures fury.We are on track to easily break the record  from the notorious 1974 tornado outbreak, which occurred on April 3-4, 1974, produced 148 tornadoes over the course of two days and is thought of as one of the largest and deadliest tornado outbreak in history from one storm system.
4/24/11

Hey Steve,

Thanks for your meteorological input. We heard it here first, folks.

I hope all our members have made it through unscathed.

Lethbridge%20Wind%20Gauge.jpg

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
louieb583