Tried for a bottle in Hecklers auction.. (just out of my range)

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

NHkeith

Reaction score
SO I was bidding on this boston sandwich cologne/perfume 12 sided bottle . It has its label. Its from Milford NH where I live. I really wanted the bottle. the last day, I bid 300 and got outbid to 325. I have the money to buy, but I had set a 300 limit for myself. (and with the 18% buyer premium that would have been 350ish)... The bottle is from Matt Finch's collection.

Here is the bottle:
http://www.hecklerauction.com/auctions/105/view/?lot=49

Labeled Paneled Cologne Bottle, probably Boston and Sandwich Glass Works, Sandwich, Massachusetts, 1860-1880. Twelve sided tapered form, medium cobalt blue, tooled flared mouth - smooth base, ht. 7 1/4 inches. Similar in form to MW plate 114, #5 This bottle retains an original label which reads "'Our Own' / Cologne / Fragrant And Lasting. / Prepared By / J.M. Holt / Milford, N.H." Fine condition. See accompanying advertisement with advertised "Perfumery". Ralph Finch collection.

049.jpg

FitSandTic

Reaction score
Very nice bottle! I do not know much about the value but I think its a good idea to stick to your spending limit. It is very easy to get caught up in auctions and end up paying to much for an item. Patience is a good thing and can pay off big time in the long run. Keep looking and you will find one at the price that makes you feel comfortable.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
.TheNYBittersCollector.