Try again

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

bostaurus

Reaction score
I have gleaned a lot of information from the knowledge and experience of the folks on this site. It seems only right that I help support it. I don't have paypal to send a direct contribution and any bottles that could be put on here are packed up. The German cokes were not a hit with folks so I am trying again..
(I would put a smiley here but I have not figured out how to do that yet)
I just finished this bowl. It does not come close to qualifying as high art but more like folk art...maybe.
I usually just do words or landscape kinds of things on my bowls but y'all inspired me. We are very limited on the selection of colors we have here to work with so some of the "bottles" are strange colors.
It is earthenware and about 8 inches in diameter and almost 4 inches tall. Glaze is food safe and dishwasher safe. It does have a major issue. Another pot blew up in the kiln and showered this pot with small bits of pottery that landed in the pot and mixed with the glaze. So the inside of the pot looks like it has grit and chips of pottery in the bottom ( because it does). They are covered by the glaze so they cannot be removed. It is still safe to use as long and you are not stirring something in it with a hard spoon that might chip the glazed bits.
I will stop the bidding on it Saturday morning, May 23rd, 10am my time (Germany). I will pay for the postage.
If no one is interested that's not a problem. I will try with some bottles in the fall...
Thanks...

622267ACF6014CC49CE94F3A6F1CD326.jpg

Attachments

• 622267ACF6014CC49CE94F3A6F1CD326.jpg
    622267ACF6014CC49CE94F3A6F1CD326.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 70

madman

Reaction score
very nice bowl, coca cola is super common here, cept for the old ones from wierd cities, the bowl is a nice work of art, do ya have any other german bottles? im one third german with my mothers mother maiden name being hagen.... mike

bostaurus

Reaction score
I have a handful of "European" bottles, nothing distinctly German. As I have said on this forum before, old bottles are not very common here in Germany. The flea markets will have modern beer bottles but they put no value on old bottles. You do see demijohns but they are usually newer ones. I am the crazy American lady that picks them all up and looks a the bottom..
Speaking of Coke...my family is from Aliceville, Alabama. A small town east of Tuscaloosa that is gradually getting smaller and smaller. At one time they had a Coca Cola bottling plant on Main Street. It closed many years ago and was then donated to the city to be used as a museum. Aliceville had one of the largest WWII prisoner of war camps in the States. When the war ended folks were charged a flat fee per truck load to take away the lumber, fittings, etc from the camp. The camp basically just disappeared and was then reclaimed by the pines and kudzu.
Many of those guards stayed on in Aliceville, other guards would come back for visits, and ex prisoners would also come back to visit. A museum was opened in the Coca Cola plant. If you are ever in that area it is an very nice museum detailing the history of the camp. there is also a small section on the locals who have served. My dad's Navy uniform is there. The actual bottling machine is still there too.
One of my favorite memories of visiting my Grand father is the small, green glass Cokes that came out of his fridge. They were so cold and would start to drip with moisture as soon as they hit that humid air. I don't think Coke ever tasted better.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
angelakay08