Tumbler parts, motors, etc.

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

ombudsman

Reaction score
I mentioned in another thread Surplus Center. If you like to build stuff, you should definitely check out www.surpluscenter.com (and get on their mailing list - great catalog!) They carry motors, bearings, and ALL kinds of other stuff at great prices. I find the print catalog great entertainment and much easier to pique my imagination than the online version.

I have ordered a number of items from Surplus Center over the years and have found them to be completely reliable. Fast shipments.

BarbaraInCalif

Reaction score
Thanks for the link David. We requested their print catalog; nothing like a good catalog to inspire new ideas!

I'll add this link to your thread about sources for tumbler parts. These are pipe plugs that fit INSIDE the pipe, to give you more flexibility in designing bottle stops:

Inside Pipe Plug

ombudsman

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: BarbaraInCalif

Thanks for the link David. We requested their print catalog; nothing like a good catalog to inspire new ideas!

I'll add this link to your thread about sources for tumbler parts. These are pipe plugs that fit INSIDE the pipe, to give you more flexibility in designing bottle stops:

Inside Pipe Plug

Exxxxxcellent! Thanks, Barb

Those are just the ticket, but the cost of setting up multiple containers would still multiply fairly significantly. I may have to set the prof. to thinking about an alternate method of closure.

BarbaraInCalif

Reaction score
Oh goody...I'll wait to see the size of yours (glass beads) before ordering more. My first batch was from Ry, but he is currently out of them.
A note on their shipping...which I'll wait for David to comfirm too....on the order form they show a flat rate shipping of $7.99 for the beads. I called, asking about extra charges because of the weight and was told that any additional shipping has been included in the price of the product. True?

ombudsman

Reaction score
Hey, Barb, my beads from CR's Crafts arrived yesterday. I paid 5.89 shipping for 10 lbs. of beads. (Total=$25.89) They appear to be just like the ones you so kindly sent me. You know ole nutty Dave: I LOVE these beads. They are sooo cool. A 10# plastic bag of 'em is a great thing to look at.

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amandaward