"Twiggers"?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

RedGinger

Reaction score
"I assume he was selling it,

Of course it is wrong to dig up Native American burial sites, or distribute or take meth!! Associating relic hunters with it is wrong too. I just keep seeing more and more articles, calling metal detecting and bottle digging "looting". Wow.

Here is what the link said, "Placing the idea in people's heads that the sale of artifacts can help supplement their income will likely result in desperate individuals resorting to desperate measures. This article explores the association between drug addiction and looting, where desperate individuals dig up Federal lands for artifacts to fund their meth addictions."

Also wrong, is associating money with collecting artifacts. I think the powers that be are making this association to make artifact hunting illegal. It's all about money!

Steve/sewell

Reaction score
Arrest the offenders that is all that is needed.They dont need to hype up the rest of the story.

RedGinger

Reaction score
I agree, Steve. I couldn't believe they used that term I used in the thread title. We diggers/collectors/historians don't want to be put in the same category as people addicted to this horrible drug, who loot Indian burial sites. I guess that's my main point.

They need to get to the root of the problem instead of wasting everyone's time and trying to soil, no pun intended, the reputations of all respectable people with permission to dig. There are missing children out there, there are horrific crimes being committed. It just gets me fired up!!!

cyberdigger

Reaction score
Sadly, the rules and laws created and enforced are determined by the actions of the lowest, crappiest, most crummy, junky, evil members of society, and those who are decent and upstanding pay the price.. it's an LCD world out there, it sucks, but it's slightly better than total anarchy..

RedGinger

Reaction score
What's LCD? I had to comment on their link, and I'm sure I'll get all kinds of negative responses. Oh well!

cyberdigger

Reaction score
LCD = lowest common denominator ..the point at which one rule is applicable to all variables..

BillinMo

Reaction score
Placing the idea in people's heads that the sale of artifacts can help supplement their income will likely result in desperate individuals resorting to desperate measures. This article explores the association between drug addiction and looting, where desperate individuals dig up Federal lands for artifacts to fund their meth addictions.

Wow. Do they really believe that addicts are going to go through the research and time of digging a historic site (or privy!) instead of just robbing a liquor store? They're looking for EASY money... not hours of work!!

RedGinger

Reaction score
Exactly, Bill! It's just another tactic they are using.

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aarhar75