UK collection

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

madman

Reaction score
hey uk im blown away!!! such beautiful bottles nice!!! mike

bearswede

Reaction score
Very impressive, Rob!!! Is that sub the gem of your collection?

Also, what's the story behind that cobalt coffin embossed "Bloom of Peaches"???

Ron

ukpoisonman

Reaction score
Hi Ron.....

The 'Bloom of Peaches' i believe is a form of Cyanide obtained from the peach stone....

I would like to know what was sold in the 'MUST DIE' bottle (This i bought from Australia)... An interesting statement rather than a warning as usually found on such bottles.

The real Gem of the collection is my Tiny blue Crescent. I dug this in 1992 and it inspired me to collect poison bottles. Though the sub is nice, it is also the most expensive purchase i have made for a single item...

Thanks, Rob......

Jim

Reaction score
The Bloom of Peaches is a very interesting poison bottle. The color and shape would be enough to warn most sensible people of danger, but I'm sure there were some not-so-bright folks who would still associate "peaches" with "food", regardless of the bottle. Imagine some poor guy taking a drink of that. "Mmm, peaches....slurp...GASP...cyanide!"...thud. Hopefully, that never happened, but it really would have defeated the purpose of the bottle if it did!

The "MUST DIE" is also a very cool bottle. My guess would be some kind of vermin poison (bugs, rats, etc.). Quite unusual, maybe it was a simple, yet attention-getting sales pitch for the product. Again, great collection. You have some real beauties! Jim

TROG

Reaction score
What a magnificent selection of poison bottles and for the great condition as well, would not have a hope of more than 1 coming out of the ground in anything like there condition. Also have dug a Bloom of Peaches bottle but have only ever seen a couple of others.

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mistymad28