unexpected finds

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

codd commando

Reaction score
found a broomhandle mauser pistol while digging a world war one military camp some time back it cleaned up rather well cosidering being buried for such a long time.

bigkitty53

Reaction score
Nice find! Are you allowed to keep W.W. era artifacts in England?We get t**led for that over here!

KAT

codd commando

Reaction score
[;)]WHAT THEY DONT KNOW WONT HURT THEM , I USED TO OWN A LOT OF HANDGUNS BEFORE THE POLITICAL CORRECT BRIGADE GOT GOING AND HAD THEM BANNED ONLY THE CROOKS AND PRINCE CHARLES HAVE THEM NOW!.
I SERVED IN THE BRTISH ARMY AND SO DID MY FATHER AND BROTHER WE WERE TRUSTED TO HAVE THEM THEN BUT NOT NOW!

claire3798

Reaction score
Found 6 Mckenzies Dandelion ale bottles, green blob tops with pictorial of two men holding up a bottle with waterfall in the background and dandelion flowers in the foreground, hundreds of broken ones with which I cut down and made dringing glasses out of. Couple of years ago that was and in the same year I found 6 Townsville ginger beers in 30 seconds. Hope this years is close to that one. Cheers, Ian

BARQS19

Reaction score
WOW that's awesome, I live near Camp Shelby in Hattiesburg, MS and we go dig in their dumps a lot, mostly broken stuff but we have brought back some nice dummy shells, plates and plenty of Hattiesburg Coca Cola bottles.
Robert
BARQS19

IRISH

Reaction score
Nice find codd commando [:D] , I've never found a complete handgun but do have a .25 hex twist rifled barrel off an early one, probably a rimfire as I found a few large caliber CB caps in the same spot. Also found the barrel of a muzzle loading shot gun in the same place, both detecting finds.
Other interesting "things" I've found are a live 20mm shell, heaps of live ammo ranging from very early to modern (and .22BB Cap to .50 BMG) and bits of exploded shells and munitions of all sorts [8D] .

bigkitty53

Reaction score
LIVE 0.50 BMG rounds IRISH?[:-]Those would make a mess!Don't think you'll get me to go detecting with you on somebody's firing range![:D][:D]

KAT

IRISH

Reaction score
It was more the 20mm shell that I was concerned about, a pick blow to one of them could really mess up a dig [:D] .

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raybrdn