Very odd RRR bottle - anyone know specifics about RRRs? Asking for research help.

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Lbrewer42

Reaction score
Its been a long time since I posted anything here. Originally I had asked about a purple RRR bottle I got off of eBay. That was in 2015. I have had eBay alert me every day since that time to all RRR bottles being posted for sale. Besides the pontilled ones, only the typical common aqua RRRs have been listed... until last week.

I now have an RRR with three main differences to any I have seen:
1; Its clear (I know my purple one was clear when made and purpled from natural exposure to the sun)
2. its about twice the thickness (from to back) of any RRR bottle I have seen.
3. The embossing is very different.

A typical RRR bottle is embossed as:
R.R.R.
RADWAY & CO
NEW YORK

This clear one is embossed as:
RRR
RADWAY's READY RELIEF
NEW YORK

I am really interested in finding out if anyone has a comprehensive knowledge on just how many different sizes and colors the RRR's(not other Radway bottles) are known to have been produced in.

The only other tidbit I know about RRR bottles is that the pontiled varieties were made in aqua and sometimes a very rare amber.

I am writing a (second) book on the history of the Brookfield Glass Company. I am looking for someone (or link) who collects or specializes in an area of the bottle hobby that would be able to answer some questions concerning RRR bottles specifically. Brookfield made MANY different bottles, but unfortunately we can only directly connect a handful of different ones to the company since they did not use a maker's mark.

Thanks for any info.

Radway_RRR_Bottle_Comparison_3 copy.jpg
Radway_RRR_Bottle_Comparison_8 copy.jpg
Radway_RRR_Bottle_Comparison_10 copy.jpg

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lichen