vintage bottles

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

alicehollis37

Reaction score
Hi all. I have a question. I love digging bottles even though i havent been doing it that long. The bottles are really starting to pile up at my house. It seems that all the places im digging are old trash piles from the 20s up. I was wondering if yall could tell me when im digging up these more modern bottles what should i look for if i was going to try to sell the bottles. I know theres gotta be some that have some value. War Eagle!!!!

TJSJHART

Reaction score
welcome to the forum ,,,a few pics and descriptions of them will help you never know what you got till you clean them up and show them off .

KBbottles

Reaction score
[align=left]Check out the post I made a few days ago in this same forum on 1920s-40s dump sites. Should be helpful. I'm in the same situation, although I have found some very neat pieces before in the dump I dig. I've made a plan to go to my dump this weekend and hopefully will break ground for the first time in 2010 and for the first time in years actually. Needless to say... I CANT WAIT!!! :) [/align]

surfaceone

Reaction score
Hello Alice,

There's a lot of pretty glass from that era. Show us some-o-your stuff. I'm havin a Deco Soda appreciation day.

ClaraBow23.jpg

farmerdan

Reaction score
Hey I love '20s - '30s dumps because of deco sodas, milks, and ABM poisons. you never know what you might find, so dig, dig, dig! post your finds!

logueb

Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum Alice. The more you study and research the more you will learn about what is collectable and what to leave behind. As stated earlier, Sodas, Milks, Poisons, Medicines are a few of the more desired bottles. I collect and save whatever strikes my fancy. Of course I have a large area to store them also.
After over 40 years , I'm still just as into the hobby as when I first started. Buster

PrivyProwler

Reaction score
Also keep your eye out for candy containers, glass/porselin lids, cast toys, porselin dolls ect. Embossing and color play a big roll in keeper bottles. rule of thumb if its not embossed then leave it, unless its one that you want for your personal collection. Try to stay clear of bottles embossed Fedral Law Prohibits, as these are worthless with the exception of a few examples. You will learn more and more about whats good and whats not as you progress in this wonderfull hobby. Good Luck!!!

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Claudia1