Vitality - embossed soda bottle Petawawa Ontario

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

RCO

Reaction score
found this during the weekend at a sort of flea market a bit north I hadn't been to before was a few bottles but this only one I purchased , already have this bottle but they wanted so little for it I couldn't resist as its hard to find and don't really see any vitality bottles this old for sale . this clear embossed bottle would of been used during 30's -40's I suspect as they went to acl's by 50's and 60's , which are fairly common to find in antique malls and such .petawawa is a small town north of Ottawa but company served a lot of the surrounding area as well . so it was a fairly big operation back then . though it be neat to post and see if anyone else has any other vitality bottles ? I also like the way the Vitality logo goes straight down the bottle , not something you see a lot of . also made by dominion and stamped E Giesebrecht Petawawa on base

Attachments

• 9925d41b16a64fceb3fb4921253bf9c3.jpg
    9925d41b16a64fceb3fb4921253bf9c3.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 105

Matt halliday

Reaction score
Got one out of a small river in pembroke about a month ago. Also have one of the bigger later ones frome st same area. Mine needs to be cleaned as its covered in river gunk.

RCO

Reaction score
Got one out of a small river in pembroke about a month ago. Also have one of the bigger later ones frome st same area. Mine needs to be cleaned as its covered in river gunk.

if it came out of the river in Pembroke I'd imagine its dirty , I've been finding bottles out of a river in muskoka and most clean rather easily

haven't really found any vitality bottles since , I've seen this one a couple times an antique mall in southern Ontario had one for sale too

don't have any of the larger vitality bottles , know there is a 30 oz acl bottle in green

RCO

Reaction score

did however recently come across this bottle online , pretty sure you'll like it as its from your area . I've been trying to identify as many marked 7 up bottles from Canada as possible .

was shocked when I saw this one for sale online , a seller from Quebec had it for sale , I bought it as price was reasonable

its marked " E Giesebrecht Petawawa " , pretty sure it dates from late 40's - early 50's based on design of the swim bottle , never knew a marked 7 up from petawawa existed , not sure I'd even believe one existed if I wasn't holding it

I knew Vitality or Giesebrecht ltd bottled some major brands as I recall reading an article which mentioned it , although marked bottles aren't very common in Canada

7up-petawawa.jpg
7up-petawawa1.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Claudia1