Walker's Kilmarnock Whiskey

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

bne74honda

Reaction score
Hello,

I am looking for any 10 to 10 1/4 inch tall, square bottom (overall rectangular) whiskey bottles having 'Walker's Kilmarnock Whiskey' and associated Kilmarnock markings embossed on the bottom. As I have just found this site I do not have all the pertinent information with me, but will update this post in the next day or two and include a photo of what I am loking for.

I presently have 2 such bottles, one aqua and one olive green. I do have many other bottles and jars (somewhere around 300) that I have collected over the past 30 odd years. I have also recently become interested in record players, old tools and extraordinary (for lack of a better word) bottle openers. I have many many other items ranging from newspapers to firearms....I suppose like many other collectors, I tend to be a bit of a 'pack-rat'.

I am willing to trade for items of interest. I have not valued any of my items but will need to prior to striking any bargain. However, I do understand that 'book' values are often an unreasonable expectation especially when trading amongst friends.

Please feel free to contact me with any inquiries.
BNE

BNE - Welcome to Antique-Bottles.Net! The email address in your post has been removed. This is for your benefit because the forum pages will often appear in the Google index and 'email harvester programs' may find your address and send you masses of spam mail. Do not worry because Members who wish to contact you can send you an email without disclosing your address just by clicking on the little 'envelope icon' next to your post (above your id). - Admin

UPDATE: I have located some pictures of one of my Kilmarnock whiskeys and added them here. This one has a very nice hole repair about 6 in from the bottom. The bottom pic is unfortunately of poor quality....BNE

Attachments

• Gd93921.jpg
    Gd93921.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 113

jennabug

Reaction score
figured it out! I had to bypass my "adsgone" ad blocker.
Here's the first one.

jennabug

Reaction score
here's the base.

now it's time to go close my crossed eyes!

Db85213.jpg

Attachments

• Db85213.jpg
    Db85213.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 134

bne74honda

Reaction score
Hello Michael and welcome to the forum.

The embossed "1851" on the bottom is most likely the date the whiskey was made rather than when the bottle was made. That's a fairly common bottle but I have a soft spot for Johnnie Walker and those bottles in particular.

If you've read my previous post you are aware that I will trade for that bottle. I have been actively digging (like a mole!) this summer and have many new things to trade.

I must tell you straight away that most of what I'm getting right now are bottles and tools from the 1920's through the 1940's.

Let me know what you may be interested in for that one.

Brian

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raybrdn