WANTED: Target balls

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Altom

Reaction score
Greetings everyone i just want to put it out there that i am interested in any old glass target ball anyone may have. For now i am only interested in finding out what is currently available right from the community itself. So please send me a message or post on here, whatevers best if you have any you'd be willing to part with. Thanks for your time I hope to be hearing that there's alot more out there than what i can see on ebay and such.

RED Matthews

Reaction score
Well Allelxander, I have some but they are sure tough to find and mine are up north right now. If I find them I will get back to you later this summer. I also have some information books on the subject. They have raised in price to the point that I haven't looked too hard since my initial study over 20 years ago.

There was a shooting range about three miles from my home as a kid, so I hunted for them in the grass along with a lot of clay pigeons. The thing that fascinated me about them early on, was that they were bursted-off the blow pipe and left rough, because no one put them in their mouth.

RED Matthews

blobbottlebob

Reaction score
Hey Altom,
I have only found one, so, at this point I'm keeping it. But if you're interested in the adventure, check out this link to the forum...
https://www.antique-bottles.net/forum/On-target%25-Finding-a-target-ball%25/m-200757/tm.htm

Altom

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: RED Matthews

Well Allelxander, I have some but they are sure tough to find and mine are up north right now. If I find them I will get back to you later this summer. I also have some information books on the subject. They have raised in price to the point that I haven't looked too hard since my initial study over 20 years ago.

There was a shooting range about three miles from my home as a kid, so I hunted for them in the grass along with a lot of clay pigeons. The thing that fascinated me about them early on, was that they were bursted-off the blow pipe and left rough, because no one put them in their mouth.

RED Matthews
Wow lucky you i will look forward to hearing from you. Thank you.

-Al

Altom

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: blobbottlebob

Hey Altom,
I have only found one, so, at this point I'm keeping it. But if you're interested in the adventure, check out this link to the forum...
https://www.antique-bottles.net/forum/On-target%25-Finding-a-target-ball%25/m-200757/tm.htm

Just read the story and i can imagine what a great feeling finding that treasure was like. I understand why you want to keep it memories like those are rare. Thanks for sharing the experience.

-Al

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ROC.NYbottles