Warners bottle help

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

imukdiver

Reaction score
I've wanted a warners bottle( kindey and liver cure) for quite awhile now. I'm gonna admit defeat and say I won't find one while diving. So I'm in the market to buy one. My question is what is a general run of the mill one worth? The is a local flea market with one for 20 bucks. Deal or no deal ?

JOETHECROW

Reaction score
Northwestern Pa. (Near scenic Lake Perfidy)
Pete,...I suppose that's about average around here....Might be a touch on the low side, I've seen them go anywhere from 15.00$ on up to the 60's and even 80.00 for the regular amber "Rochester NY" variant....I think it depends on the usual factors (Condition and color) as well as if the person selling it is a bottle person or not,...etc. Some people think all old bottles are automatically valuable. I'd say if you really want one and it's a nice example,...20 is a reasonable price. There are many variations of that bottle that affect price as well. Joe

imukdiver

Reaction score
Thanks you very much JOE !! Yeah I'm not looking for anything odd or weird. I just need a common one in decent shape. It's been on my wish list for awhile and well buying one is easier than finding one on a dive. LOL [sm=lol.gif] Thanks again

JOETHECROW

Reaction score
Yeah,...I can totally relate to that.....Years ago there was a local town dump up in our woods that was where I first discovered antique bottles as a teenager in the 70's....At that time in my life I didn't know any other diggers or collectors,...etc, I just knew I really liked these cool old glass treasures! This dump had been dug from the late 50's, thru the early 60's but still was producing some pretty cool bottles back then,...Over the years it petered out,...I would always walk the creek up thru the woods to this dump, and one day when I had a little time, I rerouted the creek thru the dump with a small rock dam and a sheet of old tin... Then over the years I would walk the creek up to it with renewed interest everytime it rained....About 10 years ago this area suffered a great flood. Persistant logging had taken it's toll and increased our runoff,...after the initial crises I was visiting my brother near the flood area,...Of course I started thinking BOTTLES! Now even w/ my dam, the best thing ma nature ever dug for me was a beat citrate of magnesia with lightning stopper. I cajoled my twin brother into walking up to the dump with me,....He's not a bottle collector. As we walked up the valley, there were fresh shards everywhere...Suddenly, I spotted the unmistakable top of a Warner's Safe Cure,....sticking vertically out of the embankment!...My brother jumped ahead of me and said (teasingly, I thought) "Is this what you've been looking for?" I have never till that point dug or found a Warner's whole,...It was a very nice example,..light amber and in perfect shape. ...........He kept it,...Still has it,....Oh, well,....still a bottle story involving the common but elusive Warners.[:D] Joe

dave3950

Reaction score
Hi,
Sorry I didn't know you were looking for a Warners. I sold one at the Elkton Show last weekend for $10.00.

Dave

JOETHECROW

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: imukdiver

LOL, now thats funny !!! Hey thats what family is for right ?

Yeah,....[;)]" With friends like that ".....Were that situation reversed,....I'd have given him the bottle,....but in all fairness, after alot of razzing from my bottle digging friends, he gave me a different Warner's from our local antique mall for Christmas a couple years later. ) I think he was under the impression that the original bottle was ultra valuable, due to my reaction to it.....[&:] Joe

buzzkutt033

Reaction score
your post motivated me to dig thru the box in the basement and find this warners bottle.

here's the before

72C1046A7DD44F3A9CFBF7570FC7949B.jpg

Attachments

• 72C1046A7DD44F3A9CFBF7570FC7949B.jpg
    72C1046A7DD44F3A9CFBF7570FC7949B.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 66

buzzkutt033

Reaction score
here it is after a couple days in the tumbler.

kinda nice with the older top and the nice light color.

picture could be better...............

E3704E57EA5B4F86B7FFC42625D8EEB2.jpg

Attachments

• E3704E57EA5B4F86B7FFC42625D8EEB2.jpg
    E3704E57EA5B4F86B7FFC42625D8EEB2.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 68

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members