Was this a purple J&IEM ink? or was it the ink on the inside

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

ROBBYBOBBY64

Reaction score
Here's a lot of inks I was bidding on. The labelled Diamond turtle ink is nice and I liked the paneled ink in the back, but my main interest was the J & IEM on the right. It looks like it might be purple. I know that there's some pretty rare J & IEM variants out there, but there's only maybe 1 or 2 pics on the internet of the amber ones and none of the cobalt, so I didn't have any to compare to. I was worried that the color could be from the ink on the inside, like the black one on the far left in the first pic. With only 2 pictures to go off of, I didn't want to gamble too much and stopped bidding in the high 300s. If it is truly purple glass, the high bidder made off like a highway robber. What do you think?
View attachment 223463
View attachment 223464
Love them and the purple ink residue is killer. Nice stuff no doubt!
ROBBYBOBBY64.

Bohdan

Reaction score
Here's a lot of inks I was bidding on. The labelled Diamond turtle ink is nice and I liked the paneled ink in the back, but my main interest was the J & IEM on the right. It looks like it might be purple. I know that there's some pretty rare J & IEM variants out there, but there's only maybe 1 or 2 pics on the internet of the amber ones and none of the cobalt, so I didn't have any to compare to. I was worried that the color could be from the ink on the inside, like the black one on the far left in the first pic. With only 2 pictures to go off of, I didn't want to gamble too much and stopped bidding in the high 300s. If it is truly purple glass, the high bidder made off like a highway robber. What do you think?
View attachment 223463
View attachment 223464
Try washing it!

Wildcat Wrangling Kat

Reaction score
View attachment 223463
View attachment 223464

I think it’s ink... that black ones interesting. I collect them and have never seen one like that. But honestly I think if ya put gloves on and poured rubbing alcohol on it(might want to catch what comes off because it’s now alcohol ink- I could paint with that) it would be clearish like the one next to it? In my humble opinion, people and auctions are crazy around here! All the time I see stuff- used stuff and sometimes people will pay more than it was new, for some price of junk (bottles excluded) just to “win”! So I think that lot went high but sometimes when nobody’s looking... you can get lucky. I’m still going thru 5 boxes of some really great bottles that I got for $28!? Stuff too much to mention but an example in pix and it just keeps going..... defiantly worth $28....
315e83eea2f5247ae8af173c52857769.jpg

2c85017720fda4056d00777eda63a3be.jpg

5db4d2ed40a5cdade8bfaea5b0cf03c1.jpg

30c4b7f4850de4a7657733fd5d83e363.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Newfie treasure hunter

Reaction score
View attachment 223463
View attachment 223464
Quite a beautiful collection you got there! Looks to be purple ink, but I may be mistaken.

ROBBYBOBBY64

Reaction score
I think it’s ink... that black ones interesting. I collect them and have never seen one like that. But honestly I think if ya put gloves on and poured rubbing alcohol on it(might want to catch what comes off because it’s now alcohol ink- I could paint with that) it would be clearish like the one next to it? In my humble opinion, people and auctions are crazy around here! All the time I see stuff- used stuff and sometimes people will pay more than it was new, for some price of junk (bottles excluded) just to “win”! So I think that lot went high but sometimes when nobody’s looking... you can get lucky. I’m still going thru 5 boxes of some really great bottles that I got for $28!? Stuff too much to mention but an example in pix and it just keeps going..... defiantly worth $28....
315e83eea2f5247ae8af173c52857769.jpg

2c85017720fda4056d00777eda63a3be.jpg

5db4d2ed40a5cdade8bfaea5b0cf03c1.jpg

30c4b7f4850de4a7657733fd5d83e363.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Beautiful stuff!
ROBBYBOBBY64.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members