WE NEED YOUR HELP!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Poison_Us

Reaction score
As some of you may know, my wife fell ill on the 5th of February with severe pains in her lower, left chest area with difficulty breathing. This came soon after one of her new doctors put her on new medication to get her off of some other pain medication. We stopped the new meds, but the symptoms remained. Unable to sleep for 2 days we took a trip to the ER...twice, with no results to the cause. So we got a "sorry there is nothing else we can do for you", pat on the head, go pay at the door.

My wife's Medicare started at the beginning of the month. We thought it would help her get the medical attention she needs as she hasn't been able to see any doctors for a year now. Instead of helping us, it's now killing us, with the premiums coming out of her SSDI check, co-pays, prescriptions that aren't covered and now the ER bills are rolling in. Now we are facing whether we pay rent, buy food or get prescriptions. If we eat or get the meds my wife needs, we stand the chance of getting evicted.

My UI checks go for all the other bills as her check pays rent and little else. We broke even before all this...now we are going backwards.

So, I updated our website with a few more bottles on the For Sale page (along with other pending changes to the entire site). I am offering these to the forum members at a discount first, before I have to spend more money we don't have to list them on fleabay. We need to raise $400 by March 5th.

The big items are as follows:

Ext. Rare KC-49 in Amber. Listed @ $350. Discounted to $300 (cleaned by Ryan)
KR-3 (2", 2 in stock) Listed @ $100. Discounted to $80
KT-5 (3") Listed @ $180. Discounted to $150 (cleaned by Ryan)

Everything else is $25 or less.

Link to the For Sale page: http://home.comcast.net/~shauseur/PoisonousAddiction/html/for_sale.html

Thank you for your time and caring in advance.

glass man

Reaction score
DAMN STEPHEN!! I SOLD A GREAT DEAL OF MY STUFF THE 1ST OF FEB. WOULDA HAD A LITTLE MONEY TO HAVE SENT YOU THEN. NINA AND I WILL BE PRAYING FOR YALL. WE KNOW SOME OF WHAT YALL ARE GOING THROUGH.WILL TRY TO SELL SOMETHING TO HELP YALL OUT SOME AS SO MANY HAVE HELPED US OUT ON HERE!! LOVE YOU!! JAMIE

epackage

Reaction score
I hope things get better for you PU, I don't collect poisons unless they are from Paterson NJ but I know how bad things are out there....My best....Jim

Poison_Us

Reaction score
Thank you both. [&:]
Right now, what we have listed is all we have for sale. I realize that us poison people are in the minority of collectors. But we have ran out of things to sell, without dipping into the collection, which we don't wanna do again. We lost our ass the first time...it hurt us more in the long run than it helped.

Poison_Us

Reaction score
Last chance for these bottles. Will list them on fleabay on Saturday. Put a note in the Poisons area to get any people who just monitor that section and may have missed this thread.

RedGinger

Reaction score
Good luck to you guys and I hope your wife is feeling better very soon. Poisons are awesome; I think a lot of people would be interested. Have you tried posting on some other forums about your bottles for sale? There are bottle groups on Facebook and Myspace where you could put the info out there. We'll be thinking of you and let us know how you're doing.

P.S. I would buy some of your beautiful bottles if I could, but I just can't. Maybe Joe can take a gander any see if there's anything he can afford.

Poison_Us

Reaction score
Thank you. I only listed the the ones worth the most.. all the cheap ones are still on the website.
I don't belong to any other forums and would be odd for a new guy to show up and ask such things of them.
Didn't know about groups on facebook. Wife is on there....maybe she can do some looking. Thank you.

jays emporium

Reaction score
Stephen, I have a suggestion that would help people find your ebay listings. Revise your items to say "POISON BOTTLE" in the item description. I search for Poison bottles occasionally on ebay and I would never see your bottles because I search by key words POISON BOTTLE, none of that KT KR stuff. If Poison Bottle is not in the title it doesn't come up in my search. I'm sure a lot of buyers search that way.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jimk26