What did I find?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

RED Matthews

Reaction score
Hello again s plante; I went to the other link that was a Digger Odell's subject page. While I studied that over I found where they had made a major mistake in one of the bottle representations. Then I tried to contact someone on their staff to discuss the error. I didn't have any luck so I will get back on it tomorrow. If you have any suggestion, I would appreciate with the connection. RED Matthews

cyberdigger

Reaction score
Would this be a bad time to say.. it looks like a turn mold??

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
About the Mass Seal

The K is for the Knox Glass Co. and is part of State act requiring it for uniform weights and measure.
The words "Mass Seal" to be uniformly used by all manufacturers, the individual letter being the designating mark assigned to the manufacturer for his exclusive use; the mark to be placed on the breast of the neck of the bottle, in letters at least three-eighths of an inch in height, and in a type which is distinct and can be easily read.
There is a list HERE but it predates the Knox PA glass factory.

xjeslesx

Reaction score
Does anyone know the approximate value of any of these three bottles?
I have about 20 more that I found during the dive that I will post.
According to the old timers from this area, it was common to dump trash in the harbor. The bottom is a nice muddy silt that acts like packing material, preserving the bottles for... ever I guess.
I'll keep posting the new finds, if anyone has any info on these are wants to purchase them just let me know.

Thanks, Jes

druggistnut

Reaction score
Hi Jessie,
Welcome to ABN.
What state are you in? What depth are you recovering the bottles, and is it a lake, or moving water?
Bill

xjeslesx

Reaction score
Bill

Thanks for the greeting. I dive in New England, mostly the coast from North of Boston to NH. I primarly dive shallow harbors when searching for artifacts. I found these most recent bottles in Salem, MA.
I'll be heading out in a few minutes for another dive. The spot I found seems to hold a good number of older bottles. I'll post whatever I find today.

-Jes

blobbottlebob

Reaction score
Hey Jes,
Welcome from a fellow diver. Its a bit too cold for me yet, but I'll be out in a few months. Everyone is correct, your first bottle is a milk. Neat bottle that likely dates to the 1920s or thirties. The green bottle, I would have guessed is a wine bottle. The bottom is usually kicked up more but that's what it looks like to me. They are not typically rare or valuable but apparently, the markings on the bottom of yours are unusual. I agree also that the fianl bottle is a juice or something similar. They often read Birelly's on the ones I find here. Good luck out there and stay warm. Bob

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cehobson