What Do You See????

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

swizzle

Reaction score
Its a tough call on this one. To me it looks like a dark spot under the bushes. The way the leaves blow about and catch the light can give off different tones and sometimes give you that face in the clouds effect. for a pic like this you really need to take several pics to show the difference. I have a setting on my camera that takes 3 pics one right after the other. If you could set your camera to do the same and see the figure in one and not the other then it might show a bit more proof that something is there. I've seen to much and have pics on here myself from a cellar hole dig to say that spirits don't exist. a lot of times the pics can be disproved. My dad thought he captured a ghost on film once. Then he remembered that the milkweed fluff next to the building was blowing about. It looked really weird like a deformed figure in smoke but it was only fluff. Do you believe? [:)] Swiz

835D4643492C433E8F2B68F71EE05F99.jpg

Attachments

• 835D4643492C433E8F2B68F71EE05F99.jpg
    835D4643492C433E8F2B68F71EE05F99.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 68

swizzle

Reaction score
[:)]

009414623D5E405B9B93B1FDABC8DC06.jpg

Attachments

• 009414623D5E405B9B93B1FDABC8DC06.jpg
    009414623D5E405B9B93B1FDABC8DC06.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 72

RedGinger

Reaction score
Interesting pics, Swizzle. I just have a Kodak Easyshare, nothing fancy. I love photography and take a lot of pictures, but nothing like this. It could very well be a trick of the camera, and your way is a great idea for determining what it is, if anything. I'm just happy to hear some opinions and maybe some kind of photo expert I could send these to. I will post the rest of the pictures, or Joe will, in a little while. I just don't want to put any ideas in your heads of who they might be.

Fred, that sounds very scary. I guess I just don't see why they could hurt us if they are dead. It is spooky, but if there are ghosts, I think God is watching out for us. If I saw what you did, I wouldn't be going back either! I wonder who the bad people are that the Old timer was referring too.

RedGinger

Reaction score
I could email the original, if you like, Swiz. I looked at my copied version and it's so "pixelated" that it is hard to see anything. Here's the thing, if it were just a hole in the leaves, you wouldnt be able to see through the dark shape in my first picture. Does that make sense?

JOETHECROW

Reaction score
Northwestern Pa. (Near scenic Lake Perfidy)
Second pic. I'm just going to add, that if Fred says it is real, well then it is real. (His experience there) No if's ands, nor buts. Period. This picture is the one that gives me the "hebe's" more than the other one. The first pic seems awfully uniform to simply be a "hole", also I'm looking at the other "holes" around it in the leaves. Anyhow, I've been pondering this pic of what looks to be a facem and It reminds me of a Seneca "false face" mask. (I think that is what they're called.) I'll see if I can find the image of one.

8C7A296A0B594FF198B8F147C84EA1C9.jpg

Attachments

• 8C7A296A0B594FF198B8F147C84EA1C9.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 75

JOETHECROW

Reaction score
To this day, the Iroquois believe that the being protects them in times of need, redirecting fierce winds that threaten them and healing those who are ill.
Various names are used to refer to this being among the Iroquois communities. Etihsó:t Hadúâ·iâ· (lit. 'our grandfather, he who drives it away') is used in Cayuga. Gagöhsa' (lit. 'a face') or Sagojowéhgowa: (lit. 'he defends or protects them; the Great Defender') in Seneca. Ethiso:da' 'our grandfather' in Onondaga. In English, he is most often referred to as simply false face.

Masks

The design of the masks is somewhat variable, but most share certain features. The eyes are deep-set and accented by metal. The noses are bent and crooked. The other facial features are variable. The masks are painted red and black. Most often they have pouches of tobacco tied onto the hair above their foreheads. Basswood is usually used for the masks although other types of wood are sometimes used. Horse tail hair is used for the hair, which can be black, reddish brown, brown, grey or white. Before the introduction of horses by the Europeans, corn husks and buffalo hair were used.
When making a mask, a man walks through the woods until he is moved by Hadúâ·iâ· to carve a mask from a tree. Hadúâ·iâ· inspires the unique elements of the mask's design and the resulting product represents the spirit himself, imbued with his powers. The masks are carved directly on the tree and only removed when completed. Masks are painted red if they were begun in the morning or black if they were begun in the afternoon. Red masks are thought to be more powerful.
Because the masks are carved into trees that are alive, they are similarly considered to be living and breathing. They are served parched whitecorn mush and given small pouches of tobacco as payment for services.

JOETHECROW

Reaction score
I hadn't realized that Laur gave no detailed explaination of where we were. It is a Seneca Nation Cemetery,which contains Seneca civil war dead...It also contains remains of Susqehannock, reported to be over 7 feet in height with thighs as large as a european settlers chest,....as well as an Erie Indian over 300 years old, whom was found in a distant excavation and reinterred there. That is the basics as I know them.

P.S. I want to stress that we mean absolutely NO DISRESPECT to the Seneca Nation Natives, nor any of their loved ones buried here. On the contrary, we are simply interested in the local area history. Apologies if I've managed to offend anyone.

surfaceone

Reaction score
Hello Lauren & Joe,

The first thing I thought when I saw the original picture was... Pennsquatch. Please key the tingly music at any time.

sasquatch%201.jpg

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TDF.1973