What do you think about Ebay?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

RedGinger

Reaction score
Everyone talks about Ebay on here a lot. I'm selling something on there for the first time (I used to buy there for awhile). It is not a bottle. I had to go through so much crap just to list it. I'm not complaining (well maybe a little [;)]), but I wondered how different it is than it used to be and what other sellers think of it in general.

spyder

Reaction score
I have been buying and selling on ebay since 2002. I have sold everything from computer / laptop parts, toys, dolls, car parts, etc. Some years I have made $5,000 profit. Most of my stuff I have gotten for free or cost me very little. It has gotten a little more complicated, but I don't mind. The more complicated it has gotten, has made it easier to list. It is like a garage sale with millions of people stopping by. The thing is; certain things sell at certain times during the year. Learning when is one of the key secrets to selling. Having things people need is the other. I have sold alot of car parts to people in New York City..........Head light assemblies, tail lights, mirrors etc. Simple things alot of us go to the junk yard for but they do not have junk yards there. If you have any questions let me know.

RedGinger

Reaction score
Thanks for the info, spyder and the offer to answer questions. I have it down. Now I'm thinking, what else do I want to sell? [;)] I don't have any car parts to sell, but that's interesting.

jesster64

Reaction score
right now I've got 15 items listed on ebay. A couple are milk bottles. I'm just trying to get rid of some stuff. listing is easy once you figure out how to post pictures. Hardest part is packing up items and shlepping them down to post office. I'm not a big ebay dealer, mostley i buy. stooges posters, boxing memoribilia, etc. hopefully i can sell some stuff to pay for my other hobbies. Its funny but when you think you have gold and want to sell it, its not worth much. ebay has revolutionized the economy. people now regularly comb garage sales to sell stuff on ebay. I just don't have the time to pack up tons of items for shipment.

spyder

Reaction score
If your looking for things to sell. I get alot from Tag Sales. I don't buy, but at the end I take what ever is left. Of course it is a take all thing. I have to finish cleaning everything out. I get alot of good stuff that way.

One other thing I do is, if you need packing supplies; I went to a couple of Kiosk at the local mall (the booths set up in the center walk ways). Most receive there stuff through UPS, Fedex, etc. They do not have access to dumpsters or trash pickup and have to cart in home. They are happy to give it to me. I get peanuts, bubble wrap and good boxes for free.

RedGinger

Reaction score
Thanks. Those are some good ideas. I decided to just concentrate on the one thing right now. It has to be specially packed, so I'm having them do it. Anyone or their daughter getting married? If so, send me a message.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tasha85