What does this area look like to you pros (UPDATE)?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

sunrunner

Reaction score
Re: What does this area look like to you pros?

it looks very early,there may be a few things out ther, pottery chards or old iron tools,chan that kind of thing,id say very little glass.

JohnDeereMoxie

Reaction score

The house that was there has been down for over 100 years. I heard it was an old captain who lived there. There is a lot potential. Can't wait to start it up.

JohnDeereMoxie

Reaction score

After revisting the property with a friend of mine, we figured out this cellar hole belongs to a barn. We found the house a few hundred feet away (how the F did miss it!!!!!) The chimney was collapsed in the center of foudnation. The stone foundation was charred to hell, the house burned down. By probing, detecting and looking at soil we think the house/ home stead is from the 1700s. Found some pottery shards so far in what I believe to be the privy. Only hit the surface of it. My 4 foot probe got swallowed by it, I knew I should have bought the 6 from Jaken, I was being a cheap Pollock. Oh found a few glass shards as well. Some iron pieces that look like they belonged to wagon wheels and other stuff that might have been part of a door. The area is HUGE. At least 1 acre. Stone walls for wagon paths, other stone walls in the mix too like paddocks of some sorts. My buddy is supposed to email me the pics when he gets a chance, I was too busy getting overly excited and playing with my detector lol. Oh I also found a square headed nail basically in the foundation. I will keep you all updated. This is going to be the biggest dig I have done and my buddy has detected, possibly the oldest.

JohnDeereMoxie

Reaction score

So the plot thickens on this place. The property owner said a captain lived there as I said before. I talked to the owner's brother (who also owns the property) told me the family name of him. My buddy did a search and it came back to a Whaling Captain! He was a master at one point in his life. He lived for 67 years and died in 1910. Another piece of info, there is another foundation on the property to make 3! We're getting the story together I cannot wait to tap into this place!

JohnDeereMoxie

Reaction score

This information looks to be a little wrong, the guy we are looking at now is still a captain but lived earlier and we know for a fact he lived in Westport, James King. He mastered the ship Barclay. The first guy was Edward King who died in 1910 James mastered the Barclay in the 1840s/50s. To the library!

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bobbinc4